+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spam Saves The Day!

Default Spam Saves The Day!

Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I feel that, I personally, should take some credit for the sales increase due to our past attitudes toward the product. I should also look for an increase in the sales of 'Dinty-Moore Beef Stew for the same reasons.

Hey JC,
    Dinty Moore Beef Stew was what kept me from starvation when my meal ticket ran out at UW, Laramie. To stretch it a bit we'd pour it over a few slices of bread. I still get a taste for it and ,thankfully, can now afford the BIG can.

Mark
    PS: And as for SPAM, it's good to see it considered a good food as opposed to a good joke.
    Last edited by Marco; 05-29-2008 at 02:13 AM.

SPAM saves the day... AGAIN!
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Default Flying Spam!

Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Talking

I am afraid that I can lend small credence to an article that purports to be about the glorification of the wondrous Spam. Yet it doesn't mention the Island State of Ohio. Such an omission is unconscionable. Therefore the whole article must be untrue.

Sorry Douggie I am of the opinion that your story is the other kind of Spam.

PS. Lord help us if We Canadians have to rely on Spam. It is $3.95 a can up here. It used to be cheap like borsht when I was a kid. We lived on the stuff cause it was the cheapest meat you could get. However it has steadily climbed in price till it is way out of Mrs housewifes reach.
    But we do have a similar product named Prem. Its a Canadian canned meat/floor sweepings kinda stuff. Far superior to the lowley Spam.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Gnu Bee Flyer,
    Here ya go! On sale $2.95!!!! Free Shipping on orders over $50.00!http://www.giftshawaii.net/spclhofospfo.html

Doug

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DShock View Post
    Gnu Bee Flyer,
    Here ya go! On sale $2.95!!!! Free Shipping on orders over $50.00!http://www.giftshawaii.net/spclhofospfo.html

Doug
    Every Canadian knows as a fact that free shipping doesn't apply to us.
    So there.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Blog Entries

Smile Free Shipping

Gnu Bee Flyer,

Free shipping does apply to Canadians. If you order your fly tying materials and fly fishing supplies from the Frontier Anglers in Dillon, Montana, as long as the order is over $250 USD then the shipping is free.
    Naturally, you do have to pay the duty fees.

So, make up a shopping list and when it hits the proper dollar figure, give them a call. They are really great people to deal with and excellent guides.

www.frontieranglers.com

Larry ---sagefisher---
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club

Question Help

You know with all this talk about SPAM I actually had a taste for it the other day. My Mom used to feed it to us fried up with scrambled eggs and left over mashed potatoes flattened to look like pancakes for a cost cutting dinner. But alas, all we had on the shelf was SPAM Light. Boy was I disappointed; it didn't taste the way I remembered. Is there really that much difference between Light and regular?

My question:
    Should I dare go out and get a can of regular SPAM and join my fellow Island Nation bretheren in singing its praises? Or should I denounce my fellow bretheren and just remember easier gentler times?

Jim
    There are three ways to complete a project. The right way, the wrong way or the Boss' way. You'd best learn the Boss' way.

+ Reply to Thread