+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here's what's cooking tonight (food not fly fishing)

My favorite meal Eric. Good wine, good food, and good conversation. Great enjoyment and pleasure.

Gemrod

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Eric, although I /we love turkey ,and as a matter of fact will stop at an ALL TURKEY restaurant on our way to the MI Fish-In, tonight, it's breaded pork chops, creamed spinach and roasted garlic mashed potatoes. No, it's NOT a complicated menu. Rachael of the food channel can make it it 30 min. It takes me 45 min, including roasting the garlic.
    Late night shift at Macy's' for my wife so it's my turn to cook and I have till 9:00 PM to produce.

Mark
    I love breaded pork chops. Also, I stopped at a restaurant in Ohio once that was all turkeys. I ended up leaving before ordering my meal.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Joe,

You're killing me Here I am, a type 2 diabetic, drooling over all these great looking bread and pastries...loaded with carbs and sugars. My blood glucose must be up to 250 just by looking . Keep 'em coming though...they sure look good!!!
    "Fly fishing is the most fun you can have standing up" Arnold Gingrich

For this PM it's,
    A rich/thick beef goulash over potato pancakes. It's known as "goulash Hungarian style" at Polish restaurants although it contains NO paprika. The goulash liquid ( roux thickened) is ,in addition to the meat juices, a great Polish beer, Okocim. And NO, I'm not Polish but give lotsa credit to their cuisine.
    If you don't feel like making the potato pancakes, mashed spuds ain't that much of a taste compromise.

Mark

Hey, write that 'succa' up with a couple of pictures and send it in. I KNOW I will like it!

Hey JC,
    Since the evidence disappeared and is no longer available for pics, I'll have to send this one in
    the next time I make it.

Mark

\

Good enough, we take 'rain-checks.'

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ausable_ny View Post
    Joe,

You're killing me Here I am, a type 2 diabetic, drooling over all these great looking bread and pastries...loaded with carbs and sugars. My blood glucose must be up to 250 just by looking . Keep 'em coming though...they sure look good!!!

Me too! Also, dear friend Marco has driven our carbs and cravings sky high. Marco, please do post the recipe as it will give me something delicious to enjoy on my cheat night.

It has been unseasonably cool here, so today Mama made beef tips over noodles with a great salad. She had me open a bottle of Merlot as the recipe called for 1/2 cup of red wine. Cooked it 45 minutes and made a fabulous gravy. There were no prisoners from that raid. Like Marcos goulash, good old comfort food recipes are hard to beat. I Like to pour my goulash over a nice pile of polenta and stir it all together. Urp...

Joseph the Overfed

P.S. I ate so much I passed on dessert.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Memorial Day will be filled with hungry family for Burgers & Brats on a few homemade buns & rolls. I was busy today.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

+ Reply to Thread