+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For those who transport Yaks...

Default For those who transport Yaks...

And would like to have a little extra piece of mind of it being more "Theft proof". Seen this on another site and have since bought one...

Master lock makes a cable lock called the Python...which can be inserted through a scupper hole/holes and then around/through your roof top rack...There by, locking your yak to your vehicle..

As one who likes to have the yak along even if I'm not sure I'll use it..or if I just want to take a short walk and scope out a bit of the water/sample the fishing a bit prior to unloading the boat..It lends some piece of mind...

And it's Cable, So even bolt cutters are d*mn near useless in cutting it. (Takes a lot of "Chewing" to cut Cable with bolt cutters)...and cinch-able after it's been locked.. I use it in place of my second strap...which my Dear Wife lost anyway (Hauling our Christmas tree):~)...Love ya Hunny.....lol

Just wanted to give anyone who has not heard of these sweet little things a heads up..Lowes Carry's them, Near their chain and rope center...For about 25 bucks..Not a lot to pay for the added security!.
    Last edited by billknepp; 05-18-2008 at 07:30 AM.
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Bill,

Thanks for the heads-up. I would be VERY upset is some low-life stole my Hobie Outback and this system sounds like a terrific deterent.

Jim Smith

Bill,

Thanks for the heads-up. I would be VERY upset is some low-life stole my Hobie Outback and this system sounds like a terrific deterent.

Jim Smith

Jim,

I'd be upset if it were to happen to either of our outbacks..or anyone's boat they put their hard earned money into...with this lock firmly cinched ya'd nearly need to saw the boat in two to get it without the key or a whole lot of time (unnoticed) to spend relinquishing it's hold...It will serve well for other boats as well..but better serve the yak owner who can sew it "through the hull" of the boat.
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Great tip, thanks!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

+ Reply to Thread