+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Echo2 freshwater rods

1. Default Echo2 freshwater rods

Last week, I had the great fortune of winning a raffle (first time in my life) for an Echo2 freshwater rod; specifically a 9' 5wt. It comes with two tips; one for distance, and the other for accuracy. I've read the printed 'party line', but wondered if any of you have had any personal experience, and would pass along to me your feelings and evaluation. Any response would be greatly appreciated.
    vonMunchausen

I don't own the Echo2 but I do have two Echo Classics that I picked up, lightly used, from others here on the board. One is 7' 6" 3wt and the other is 10' 7wt. I like both rods. The two tip thing sounds interesting but I'm not convinced it's a necessary option on a rod. Still, if something bad were to happen you've got another tip to fall back on and considering what you've got invested in the rod, my guess is you will be or should be a happy camper.

Strap on a reel and give it a try. Once you finish the test drive, post your thoughts. I for one would be interested in what you learn and with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek, if you're dissatisfied in any way with the outfit, let me know and I'll gladly reimburse you for the cost of your raffle ticket and take the rod off your hands!
    Joe Bertolini

hutjensmpg Guest

I agree - put a line and reel with that rod and go fish. I believe that most people end up following one of two paths regarding rods. They either develop their stroke to the action of their first rod or they eventually find some other natural stroke after practice and then find a rod to go with it. I haven't cast those echo 2's, but from what I understand you'll have two different actions with the two tips, so you'll have a leg up eventually finding your preferred action. The best way to do it is just by fishing a bunch!

I like the EchoII 6wt that I have but its overshadowed by the zaxis that i usually reach for first (probably to justify the price)---i have a 9wt Echo when they first came out and its still my favorite.
    "She had hooks to make a fish think twice!" ---Chris Smither-"Lola"

Normand Guest

anything designed by the Rajeffs cant be that bad!!!

+ Reply to Thread