+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: PA "Fish-In" 2008 ?

Default pa fish in

nighthawk sorry you won t make it. i wanted to meet you to talk about the susky. i fish on rt 147 at the tin switch hut. across the river, from you. only fish 4times and had poor fishing every time. river is going to h---, and fish comm. dont care. i fish the whole river i sometime take a break on the 11- 15 side than fish back to car, sometime down to liverpool. flyman 3 pottsville

nighthawk Guest

I am still holding onto the slim hope of possibly one day at the Fish-In but I don't want you all to count on me. Things are just too fluid right now.

OK

We got five weeks and counting. Just to let you all know I'm still around and busy planning the activities for the week.
    We'll have a fly swap during the week. Would like to make it early, that way, I don't get blamed for holding out with the "terrorist fly"....
    Also will have a buy/sell/swap table. Bring your items that you would like to sell/swap along with you and drop them off on the table with a price tag. This worked before and it was enjoyed by all.
    I'll be bringing some DVDs (fishing) to watch if anyone gets tired of hearing our fishing stories time and again...
    Reminding everyone that if they have some portable radios, bring them with. We'll set up a channel for everyone to use. We should have extras if anyone needs one.
    In an effort to save on gas, we're trying to get guys to ride with and/or "buddy up" on the ride up to the chalet. I'll be driving solo and I'll be looking for a co-rider, if anyone is willing.

And..oh yea....I just started looking over the menu........hmmmmmm.

Randy

Cool

Good to hear you're still at it. I'll also be driving up solo if anyone wants to tag along. In fact, I'll be driving RIGHT PAST Nighthawk's place (hint hint). I'll probably have my bike rack on the truck with room for an extra bike or two (triple hint). This should be a great time and I'm really looking forward to it. My fishing buddy AFishn from this board and I will be up there the week before, and I'll get a bit of pre Fish-In scouting done. Due to prior comittments, AFishn can't make the Fish-In (hey that rhymes), but he knows that side of the mountain better than I do. Most of my time up there is spent over in the Kettle Creek watershed.

PRAY FOR RAIN FOLKS!!! We could use some between now and then.

Guy's I have been silent about this one because I was trying to work out a solution to get there becasue it is a very nice place to have a Fish In, it is close, and ya'll are great guys. But I can't make it during the week during that time of May.

Ya'll have a great time and tye, eat, eat, fish, fish and fish some more.

Jerry
    Dream the Life ~ Live the Dream

Sorry to hear that Jerry. I'm told this might be the best week of the year for actually CATCHING fish.......

Cool Going?

Please send an email to publisher@flyanglersonline.com with the Subject line being PA Fish-In.
    I will put your name on the 'Going List' so others will know who is going to make it.

Cool

LF - Thank you for posting the 2008 Fish-In info and guest list sign up. Although I seem to be the unofficial "voice" of the PA Fish-In, I can't take any credit for setting it up. Randy (bigdadyrods) is doing ALL of the set up work. He organizes the event, gets the supplies (I think he has the food shipped by rail cars), cooks, and still has enough energy to outfish everyone.

Sure hope folks looking for an inexpensive fishing vacation take advantage of this opportunity. It costs me more to sleep in a tent at a campground than it costs to stay at the super plush Happy Acres Lodge for 5 days. The meals are even more of a bargain - you'd pay more to eat at McDonalds for two days! Very little driving has to be done to fish prime trout water. You could literally WALK to the Little Pine (less than 100 yards from the Lodge) and fish all day without driving at all. At $170 for the week TOTAL, it's a bargain any way you look at it.

The Official Slogan of the PA Fish-In:
    "I hope you guys are hungry......"

Talking Fly Swap At Pa Fishin!!!!

We will again be doing a fly swap at the Pa Fishin.
    It is open to all coming , we will be doing a 12 flys your pic of patterns,
    although should be late May patterns.
    I will be collecting the flys when we get there.

Oh by the way, I was in Flyman3 "s honey hole yesterday!
    The Rainbows in that big run still like being fished over with a
    BOPPER !!!
    The creek is in great shape,hope we can keep up with the rain!

Wet
    Last edited by wet fly guy; 05-09-2008 at 01:38 AM.

Default honey hole

stay out of my honey hole or i will put that bear we saw onto you, it will be the right size to eat you. to stay safe i need the receipe for peach cobbler.

+ Reply to Thread