+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFR Snow in April

Kerry,

We too, had a bit of snow. VEE was wishing it would stay longer, I was glad it was melting. Snow in western WA is so unusual most folks don't know how to drive in the stuff. I'd hate to have our newer vehicle banged up by someone who thinks 4 wheel drive also means 4 wheel stop...on black ice.

REE

Nighthawk ... put 'em back!! They were beautiful!!! I don't have any flowers out yet ... PLEASE!?!?!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Ha- that looks like my yard here in SE Alberta. Started snowing Saturday evening and was still trying this AM!! Springtime in Alberta.

nighthawk Guest

Kerry,
    Sorry I took things the wrong way. I can most certainly understand and agree with bad weather making anyone a little grumpy. I am originally from the snow belt area of my state, closer to Lake Erie, but moved to one of the southern counties in 1994. When I was a kid we used to have snow from October to late April/early May. Now I am not trying to be coy but if you had a snowmobile you'd be loving that late season snow.

At Betty's request here are the pictures:

nighthawk Guest

and a few more:

you've seen these before:

I will be planting more flowers tomorrow.

i have baby peaches on my trees and have been cutting roses for weeks. id still give it up for a year of fishing in oregon again! i miss the snow and no humidity.
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

Quote Originally Posted by mnklagoon View Post
    i have baby peaches on my trees and have been cutting roses for weeks. id still give it up for a year of fishing in oregon again! i miss the snow and no humidity.
    You are very fortunate you weren't in Oregon this past winter. I rained and rained, from Sept. thru April. It was one of the best ski seasons ever. I'm looking forward to May!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Doug! LOOK out your WINDOW............it's STILL raining, here!! Just on the news, tonight.......... "3 Oregonians, fell off their bicycles and DROWNED".
    But, at least Spring is on it's way! We can tell, because the rain is warming up!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by flybinder View Post
    Doug! LOOK out your WINDOW............it's STILL raining, here!! Just on the news, tonight.......... "3 Oregonians, fell off their bicycles and DROWNED".
    But, at least Spring is on it's way! We can tell, because the rain is warming up!
    Paul,
    Thanks for clueing me into the "Bright Side"----- "Warm Rain"
    hooray.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

24 inchs over the since Friday and it just started to let up yesterday. Joys of spring in Grande Cache AB. The grader was stuck plowing, I was bustin 3 foot drifts in 4 low it was pretty crazy snow in the bush up here.......Funny thing is I have a summer student starting to work with us on Monday. Guess our summer student gets to start in winter still...LOL

-Hillard

+ Reply to Thread