+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Islamorada Guides

1. Default Islamorada Guides

My wife and I will be taking our "delayed" honeymoon to Islamorada in three weeks.

She and I were wanting to get a guide in Islamorada and I was wondering if anyone on the board could suggest someone that they have used in the past and had a great experience with. A married couple that are friends of ours went to Islamorada a few years back and got a guide and they told us he was wretched, nasty and not fun to be with at all - it took a cursing from my buddy's wife before he started acting right. I was hoping to circumvent that issue by asking the folks here at FAOL.

you can reply to this message or shoot me an email to:
    jlb_1975 at hotmail.

Thanks in advance!

bt

Give Bud'n'Marys marina a call and see if you can arrange something with someone thats open---I set up a trip with Capt Ann Holloran with a package deal with one of the motels---she was having back surgery and flipped the charter to another guy that turned out to be one of the most polite, knowlegable, laidback flats guides ive ever been out with.

The late Capt Cecil Keith, one of the original guides in islamorada and world record tarpon record holder

Ann was taught by Cecil---maybe give her a shout too but they all should be getting busy
    "She had hooks to make a fish think twice!" ---Chris Smither-"Lola"

3. Default

Thanks Shorthaul.
    I've posted this question on three different fishing boards and Bud & Mary's has been suggested on all three boards.

thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by browntrout View Post
    Thanks Shorthaul.
    I've posted this question on three different fishing boards and Bud & Mary's has been suggested on all three boards.

thanks for the info!
    its the go to fishing marina in islamorada---flats, reef and offshore charters all run out of there---theres another big bunch out of key west and individual flats guys sprinkled all through the keys with thier boats on trailers that will run up to the everglades too---post your experience after you go---im going around memorial day out of stock island
    Last edited by shorthaul; 04-16-2008 at 04:41 PM.
    "She had hooks to make a fish think twice!" ---Chris Smither-"Lola"

If he is not booked already, the guide I know is a really nice guy and always puts me on fish. His name is Geoff Colmes and his website is
    www.floridakeysflyfish.com. He also knows many other guides in Islamorada if he is booked.
    Brook trout always remind me that there must be a higher power.

Dale

+ Reply to Thread