+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: YEE-HAA a trip to the doc and reason to be happy!

nighthawk Guest

Default YEE-HAA a trip to the doc and reason to be happy!

As some of you know I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. When I went to the doc on that fateful day near the end of February I determined to take control of my disease and face things head on. Well, today I returned to the doc and here is the update:

In that span of time, just over 30 days, I have lost 30 pounds, bored three new holes in my belt to tighten it up and lost at least one pants size. My blood glucose has come down to the low 100's and it is not fluctuating as much as it was. I can walk 6 miles and feel like a million bucks afterward. My blood pressure and cholesterol are good. I am sleeping much better. I feel like a new man. Amy and I quit smoking in September. It feels great to be able to breathe again! Doc is elated and so am I!
    Amy has really been a tremendous help in the dieting area. She is also out walking now too. That's no small feat for someone that has had 3 cervical discs removed and has herniated discs in her thoracic and lumbar back. I am so proud of her!

Today I got my new set of wheels and I will take Amy out to pick out her own set.

By the way, Amy has been talking about going fly fishing and paddling with me. She thinks we will have fun doing these things together. I agree!

You folks gave me great advice and support. I am in your debt. I am so very grateful to you all. Thank you!

Eric, Buddy...............I COULDN'T be any happier for you than I am, reading this post! How well, I remember the "posts of the past" when a lot of your health concerns began. MAN, what a difference to NOW read this one!
    "Congratulations", doesn't even BEGIN to say it! (but, I will anyway!)
    You, BOTH, deserve all life has to offer, TAKE IT!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Eric,

Keep the momentum going. If you don't will be right behind you kicking you arse end if you don't.

Congratulations on your progress. That is very good news. Keep on truckin as they old saying goes.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Thumbs up

Eric,
    I am so happy for you! You have changed your life for the better. It takes a strong person to do that. Your an inspiration to all of us!
    Thanks,
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Eric;
    I told you that you could do it!! Just keep at it.
    At the price of gas that new ride should pay for itself in no time!

Default So Happy for Ya !!

Congrats on the new "wheels" Eric ! I wish I could get Bill out walking or on a bike, alas, that is an uphill battle. I will keep trying. I am also proud of Amy on her walks with ya....I cannot wait to see her new set of wheels.

Way to go SKINNY!!

Amy'll keep him on the right track, but folks, Eric is a pretty darned determined guy with a LOT of will power. That, coupled with her support=success & good health.
    Good for both of you!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber View Post
    Way to go SKINNY!!

Amy'll keep him on the right track, but folks, Eric is a pretty darned determined guy with a LOT of will power. That, coupled with her support=success & good health.
    Good for both of you!
    Mike
    Hee, Hee, Amy calls it being mule headed and tosses in a "colorful metaphor" or two to emphasize her point! That's when I react like the Air Cavalry Trooper that I will always be by grabbing my fly rod and retreating via a charge through the nearest exit at "Full Stab" speeds.

Folks, thanks for the kind words and encouragement. It means a lot to me!

Eric and Amy -

Way to go !!

Enjoy the ride.

John
    The fish are always right.

Thumbs up That is great news

When life dealt you an "Ace of Spades" YOU turned it into a "King of Hearts" Keep looking forward and not back, I'm glad to hear the good news! I know how tough it can be, I faced a similar situation a year ago, I'm now 89 lbs lighter and all the blood work is good. It's great to feel good!! If you need an ear pm me and we can chat. keep up the good work, best to you and the misses.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration"
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

+ Reply to Thread