+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Podcasts?

Default Podcasts?

I'm an old guy, but I just received an Ipod as a B-Day gift. Yes, I loaded a bunch of my favorite old rock and roll and all of my favorite country artists, but there is more that you can do with this thing. I will down load some shooting videos and pictures of favorite times hunting and fishing so I can take my braggin' book with me where ever this old guy goes, but I am really interested in Podcasts. I found a great one on carp fishing on the fly by Brad Befus here: http://www.askaboutflyfishing.com/sp.../brad/brad.cfm

I am looking for any recomendations on fly fishing related podcasts. Either casting instruction audio, fishing technique audio, anything really to fill some time that I have while I work for a living. This thing does make my work go much easier so it was a great gift. I just thought that there might be something out there where I can increase my knowledge base of my favorite hobby when I can't be next to the computer and be on FAOL. Any links would be much appreciated.

Rick

Default pod's

Thanks man, that's what I was looking for.

More if you have them.

Rick

Clay,

Lots of really good Fly Fishing podcasts out there. I'm currently subscribed to the following:

1. Fly Fish Radio http://www.flyfishradio.com/podcast.php
    -- From what I can see this podcast isn't being updated as often as it used to be.
    2. Itinerant Angler http://www.itinerantangler.com/podcasts/podcasts/
    -- My personal favorite podcast on fly fishing, hands down. Zach Mathews is a wonderful host and he has really invested in the podcast and it sounds extremely professional as a result.

There is also a video podcast out there that is all about fly tying. I can't put my finger on the link right now, but will update when I get home this evening (haven't synced my iPod since I subscribed to this one). From within iTunes you can choose Podcasts and then do a search for Fly Fishing podcasts (or search for one of the above listed and choose the "others like this" option).

Brian

Clay, ya' scared me there, for a moment! Being "another old guy", I thought you were posting on another darn new cast, I'd have to learn to do!?! "Steeple, loop,roll, double haul and NOW "A POD CAST"??
    Thankfully, it's something else. So, you might try the following.................
    http://globalflyfisher.com/podcast/
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Moffitt View Post

There is also a video podcast out there that is all about fly tying. I can't put my finger on the link right now, but will update when I get home this evening (haven't synced my iPod since I subscribed to this one). From within iTunes you can choose Podcasts and then do a search for Fly Fishing podcasts (or search for one of the above listed and choose the "others like this" option).

Brian

www.flyfishohio.com

They have an excellent video podcast on tying.

Soup,

That is the one! Thanks for the backup.

Brian

Thanks for all of the good information guys. Again, I feel like an old dog trying to learn new tricks. At work tonight I was able to listen to Dec Hogan speak about steelhead for about an hour. That was totally cool. I will be on the steelhead water on Friday and his podcast hit the spot.

I'll make sure to check out all of the nice links guys. I have to get better at running this little machine, but it's neat.

Rick

Normand Guest

i also recommend http://www.flyfishradio.com/podcast.php

try to find the podcasts that have norm albiston as a guest.

I think the fly fish radio guys have been busy with other projects, I think they were the first fly fish podcast I came across.

Fly Fish Ohio (Adventures in Fly Fishing), and Itinerant Angler are extremely well done and informative.

I'm also a big fan of the Rise Form Studio Fly Fishing Video Podcast. Some good fishing footage.

+ Reply to Thread