+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jax Suicide Nymph (FOTW)

Default Jax Suicide Nymph (FOTW)

Hi Jax,

That's a nice looking nymph. I'm going to do a few up this evening I think. I bet that would fish well in the Waihou. I've seen a lot of very dark nymphs under rocks there.

- Jeff

2. Default

Do you have a pic of this nymph?? Love to see it..

deadfly,

Go to the main page and at the top left hand corner there is a picture of this fly and it you click on the picture, it will take you to the fly and has a step-by-step tying instructions for it.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

4. Default

That is a nice looking fly. Might have to put together a shooping list for cabelas.

Hi Jeff; You won't go far wrong using it on the Waihou, as it has accounted for a fair few fish there especially in the upper reaches. Have Fun. Jax

Hi Jax,

Have tied up a couple. Hopeing to get to the Waihou over Anzac weekend and will give them a try then.

- Jeff

hutjensmpg Guest

I guess I'm ignorant here, but is this a general attractor nymph of some sort, or does it imitate a specific nymph? It IS a good looking fly though!

Quote Originally Posted by hutjensmpg View Post
    I guess I'm ignorant here, but is this a general attractor nymph of some sort, or does it imitate a specific nymph? It IS a good looking fly though!
    hutjensmpg; The nymph is a general purpose nymph that does well in rivers and streams with dark rocky bottoms. It works best in fast rapids or good riffles. yet will sort out trout in almost any water type on some days just like any other Nymph.

The Mayflies it is associated with here in New Zealand are Twilight Beauty [Oniscigaster spp] and Kakahi Queen [Coloburiscus Humeralis]

The Eggsac is my own addition and is the result of a flight of fancy while sitting at the vice. The eggsac is used primarily to get a good splay of the tail whisks and also to cock the tail Just an old fly tier having some fun. Jax

Jax,

I know a few good riffles where a fly like this would do very well. I'll be adding a few to the fly box. Thanks for sharing this one. Looking forward to the next installment of flies from the land of the long white cloud.

REE

Thanks REE I hope your nymphs will give you a lot of Fun on the water. There are a few more Flies in the Ditty Box will submit one or two for consideration. Jax

+ Reply to Thread