+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Annoying Ads

Default Annoying Ads

This is related to another post;
    People Don't Hate Advertising; They Hate Bad, Intrusive And Annoying Advertising
    from the look-a-little-deeper dept
    All advertising is not the same. Forrester Research has a report out that's getting some press coverage claiming that consumers hate advertising. The evidence? More than half of US household use some kind of ad-blocking technology, such as a spam filter or a pop-up blocker. However, that hardly means that people hate advertising. It just means they hate totally annoying, intrusive and unwanted advertising. Not all advertising needs to be that way, and given the number of people who pass around the latest viral video ad or watch the Super Bowl just for the ads, it's pretty clear that people like certain types of advertising very much. It just requires the marketers and the advertisers to stop thinking of advertising as a second class (or third class) type of content that needs to be forced on people. Instead, it's about recognizing that ads are content, and if it's good content, people will be willing to watch it (or even seek it out). However, it really does need to be good, relevant and non-intrusive. Then, there's no problem at all. There's never going to be a technology designed to block out the ads people want to see. So, no, despite Forrester's claim, people don't hate advertising. They hate bad advertising -- and they always have. It's just that technology is finally letting people be more proactive in avoiding that kind of advertising, which is a good thing. End Quote.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Yeah like that G-Loomis ad.

I cracks me up sometimes...............
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Default From the book of the Diftless....

...'An ad without a sexy woman is like a Bloody Mary without the vodka!'
    nam

Beware, this is an ad!
    Some very neat things are on deck for the Michigan 'Fish-In." Can't tell you yet, but even I am impressed. stay tuned,,, these are BIG!

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell View Post
    Beware, this is an ad!
    Some very neat things are on deck for the Michigan 'Fish-In." Can't tell you yet, but even I am impressed. stay tuned,,, these are BIG!
    OK!!!I like ads like this one!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Doug I totaly agree.

I watch the superbowl every year for the ads, Professioanal football I can take or leave, wouldnt watch the game except for the ads.

Due to my job I have an unlisted phone number. it cost me $4 a month more to have it unlisted and not avalable via information than just unlisted ie. not in the book. When I pressed for the reason why the price difference I finaly got the guy on the phone to admit it was beceause if I had it so they couldn't give it out, they couldn't sell it to telemarketers.

I think if more people were vocal about there dislikes on public forums the advertisers would be more likely to pay attention. I bet someone at G.Loomis has printed that thread and passed it on.

Eric

+ Reply to Thread