+ Reply to Thread

Thread: trip planning

Default trip planning

Hello All

Love this website and the participants. We accidently met up with the group at the Idaho fish-in last Oct. My wife and I were RVing/fly fishing across the northwest and stopped at Three Rivers campground. To my surprise there was the FAOL group. Since my wife and I are recently retired and just started fly fishing we were very happy to receive advice and help from such a knowledgable and fun group.

I have a bunch of pictures and I will try to post some of the activities at Three Rivers and places we fished for the next 4 weeks in Montana, Yellowstone Park and Colorado; if I can figure out how to do that?

Meanwhile; I am planning another trip and I am looking for a place to spend a couple months. I am currently looking at Redding Ca., in Jan/Feb and Surprise Arizona in March. I am running from the winter weather here on Whidbey Island, WA.

My question is: What and where do I fish while I am at these spots?

Looking forward to your expert advice.

Thanks, Richard

Welcome on Rich.
    Glad to have you aboard. I don't have anything to offer about the areas you describe, but do extend a welcoming hand, and look forward to your photos and experiences on the Board. Acres of areas to explore on here, and helpful people abound, which I'm sure you'll find in the responses that are sure to follow.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Blog Entries

If you drive 35 miles or so west from Redding you can steelhead the Trinity that time of year. The weather is about the same as Whidbey, tho.

For posting photos, photobucket is a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...I have a bunch of pictures and I will try to post some of the activities at Three Rivers and places we fished for the next 4 weeks in Montana, Yellowstone Park and Colorado; if I can figure out how to do that?...Thanks, Richard
    Richard -

You have a PM.

John
    The fish are always right.

ahhhhh redding , my old stomping ground. you have to fish the trinity. if you can its tradition to fish new years day and have a good cigar and beverage of your choice. a little further south is red bluff. you hit hwy 35 to platina and hit the beegum gorge. big boulders and nice pools for some nice wild trout fishing. the upper sac around dunsmuir is nice too. look up the guys at the fly shop been in redding for about 30 years . good guys that know the lay of the land. have fun!
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    Richard -

You have a PM.

John
    John,
    Thanks for your help with photobucket.

Quote Originally Posted by mnklagoon View Post
    ahhhhh redding , my old stomping ground. you have to fish the trinity. if you can its tradition to fish new years day and have a good cigar and beverage of your choice. a little further south is red bluff. you hit hwy 35 to platina and hit the beegum gorge. big boulders and nice pools for some nice wild trout fishing. the upper sac around dunsmuir is nice too. look up the guys at the fly shop been in redding for about 30 years . good guys that know the lay of the land. have fun!
    Excellent--thanks for the advice--We are looking closely at staying in that area for more than a month on our way down and back from Arizona for March.

+ Reply to Thread