+ Reply to Thread

Thread: G Loomis Cross Current

Question G Loomis Cross Current

I don't know much about the G Loomis line of fly rods and wanted to know the difference between the CrossCurrent GLX and the nonGLX models. Are they made from the same blanks but with different components?
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Tyrone,

The Crosscurrent GLX rods are made with the company's high-end GLX graphite. This material is very unique as it allows the company to build rods which are both very light and sensitive, yet very strong. These rods have explosive power and are the pinnacle of saltwater fly rods.

The non-glx rods are made with the comany's GL3 and other graphites. Good rods for a good price. Less stiff, powerful and sensitive that the GLX Crosscurrents.

Loomis also has a great warranty program. Good luck.

Fred

FredS,

Thank you for the response and welcome aboard!

I am on a quest. It is two folds. The first is to test cast the Sage Xi2, G Loomis Cross Current, Sage FLi and TFO TiCr. Other recommendations welcomed. The second is getting my wife to say 'yes' to another toy.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

T-Fly; You might also, take a long look at the Scott line of rods!?! If you're looking for "
    salt", like the Crosscurrent GLX, look at Scott's X2S series.
    And, as for "telling your bride, you need a new toy", that's really VERY simple!
    Simply state to her, (hands on hips,for effect), that....... "You, NEED this particular new rod, you WANT, this new rod, and "BY GOD, I'M GETTING IT, BECAUSE I'M WORTH IT!! Sorry, Dear, if you don't like it!"
    Like I said, this WORKS and is also, very effective when presenting your case to her!
    However, it's BEST DONE when she's not at home, (and you are), she's a minimum of 19.3 miles away, from home,(any closer and her "feminine radar" will be able to pick up the fact you're talking to her in a "less than friendly manner"), you've already, painted every room in the house to her choice of colors, the exterior of the house, for good measure and the new car you bought her is sitting in the garage for her to find when she comes home.
    Getting a new "toy", (rod, reel, assortment of lines, 'Toon Boat, etc.), are all easily achieved using my tried and true method!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

flybinder,

Thanks for the Scott rod recommendation. I'll give it a try. As for your tried and true method, can I hire someone to do all that and take credit for it?
    Trout don't speak Latin.

yep---the Scotts are pretty serious contenders like flybinder said---I have 2 s3s rods for tarpon and albies---I like them !

Flybinder---did you have anything to with the writing of the lyrics of "The Man Song"?
    "She had hooks to make a fish think twice!" ---Chris Smither-"Lola"

Mike; No, sorry!
    T-Fly; YES!! Shorthaul has willingly volunteered to take your place when using my "ABSOLUTE FAIL SAFE method of getting new toys". AND, believe it or not... he's allowing YOU to take full credit for it! He even told me, that he's letting YOU do the ALL the painting, (inside AND out, he's obviously, a very generous sort!?), as well as, purchase your bide, her new car!
    In, return, he'll stay safely in Ohio and use the words I've written out, that he must use when telling your wife. I don't know how, he's going to know when she's at least 19.3 miles from home, when he does it, but you two can work that out, I'm sure!?!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have the nine weight Crosscurrent GLX and it is a fantastic rod for salmon.

I read an article in the newest Fly Fishing in Saltwater and that's Andy Mill's favorite rod for tarpon--That has to mean something!

Maybe if we get a epirb on your wife we can pinpoint her location with some old electronic surplus stuff and an old omjni unit from a 70's vintage cessna 150---good luck with that t-fly ---I walked in the front door with my new z-axis 6 wt tonight---im still drooling.
    "She had hooks to make a fish think twice!" ---Chris Smither-"Lola"

Quote Originally Posted by shorthaul View Post
    I read an article in the newest Fly Fishing in Saltwater and that's Andy Mill's favorite rod for tarpon--That has to mean something!

Maybe if we get a epirb on your wife we can pinpoint her location with some old electronic surplus stuff and an old omjni unit from a 70's vintage cessna 150---good luck with that t-fly ---I walked in the front door with my new z-axis 6 wt tonight---im still drooling.
    I fished a ten foot six weight Z-Axis on lakes last summer. A very nice rod!!!

+ Reply to Thread