+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A photo test

Blog Entries

Looks like a great place for fishing. Reminds me of a narrow river we have close to my house, has a really nice pool in it, and it's loaded with fish. It's a pain to get to as we have to walk upstream and the rocks are crazy bad on the feet, but it's worth it.

Cottonmouths do have the meanest temperament out of all the venomous snakes in TN.
    Which is a very bad disposition, considering the other venomous snakes in the state are Agkistrodon contortix (Northern and Southern Copperhead)
    Sisturus miliarius (Western Pigmy Rattlesnake)
    Crotalus horridus (Timber Rattlesnake) And then of course the
    Agkistrodon piscivorus (Cottonmouth)

Definitely keep your eyes peeled for them, and wear high hiking boots if possible, they don't get much bigger than 3', so thier reach is quite limited and the boots might help if you were to not see one and take a strike. I know a person who had tripped and when he had landed took a bite to the hand, needless to say after treatment and everything he still ended up with quite a bit of damage to his hand. One other thing I thought I'd mention, is that Cottonmouths can, and will bite underwater.

Thanks for the photos, I so can't wait for spring
    Shane

Talking

Joe;
    Myself and 2 other FAOL members caught and released 42 trout at the Ferris Creek Bridge access on the Elk River this afternoon. The recent rains had clouded the water but as the day wore on it began to clear the action picked up.
    I should have the "Hat" in the next 8 to 10 days and that would be a good spot to get pictures of the signers wearing the hat while hooked up!!
    I'll PM you the directions or we'll have all the NBOF converging on the spot and won't be able to find a place to park! Of course I could also sell them a map and a couple of fly's that work for $500.00 each and treat all the Tennessee members to a trip to Montana!

And No, Paul I never raised a boot to a fish today!!

If I can come up with the money I'd love to come up there. On the 22nd of this month I have an appointment in Alabama so if that doesn't fall on the day you have it and I have the funds for it, I'll do what I can to make there.

Talking

Joe;
    As the Vice President of Membership in the NBOF I will bring the "Hat" to you if need be! My goal, not only as a VP of NBOF but as my station as Lord (Sir) Hise is to have the Great and Grand State of Tennessee have the most signatures on "The Hat"!! There is no way the 3rd World Island Nation of "Ohio" will surpass us in any manor or form!!
    Your profilic number of post since joining this wonderful site and your acceptance to having your thread Hi-Jacked, even enjoying it certainly qualifys you for Membership in the NBOF
    Joe your membership will be a hot item on the agenda as my good friends (I hope) Joe V & Terror Tuber are from Ohio, wherever that is?! OMG I forgot I was born in Toledo!!

If I can make it up there, I will. If not, you can send the hat to me and I'll ship it to whoever is next in line. I can't afford gas right now, but I can swing postage costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hise View Post
    Joe;
    As the Vice President of Membership in the NBOF I will bring the "Hat" to you if need be! My goal, not only as a VP of NBOF but as my station as Lord (Sir) Hise is to have the Great and Grand State of Tennessee have the most signatures on "The Hat"!! There is no way the 3rd World Island Nation of "Ohio" will surpass us in any manor or form!!
    Your profilic number of post since joining this wonderful site and your acceptance to having your thread Hi-Jacked, even enjoying it certainly qualifys you for Membership in the NBOF
    Joe your membership will be a hot item on the agenda as my good friends (I hope) Joe V & Terror Tuber are from Ohio, wherever that is?! OMG I forgot I was born in Toledo!!
    Oh yeah, Ohio WILL pass you guys....we all know our names have more than ONE letter (X) in 'em!!!
    Mikey
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

First, off, JACK, I'm so PROUD of you, for actually USING a fly rod and NOT your usual "Kick 'em till they fly on shore", method of flyfishing!!
    Now, the rest of this post,(whatever it WAS and whatever it is, NOW?), is tricky for me, because I was born in an off shore island nation........... Dayton, Ohio but spent a lot of my youth........ in beautiful Tennessee!!?!
    And, suddenly, the two are at "Hat War", with my Trilene hat!?!
    Hmmmmmm, considering, as Mikey said; "Those from Ohio have more letters to their names, than a "mere X", the problem STILL arises as to "finding someone FROM Ohio, that CAN WRITE and actually SPELL correctly the names involved"!?
    Then, of course, there's the ROOM to consider on the hat, that's left to use, because when the Tennessee contingent signs it, there's no doubt going to be a lot of "Bob" added to each name, taking up much needed extra room.
    Such as, "Jack Bob, WarrenP Bob, Joe Bob and of course, "X Bob"!?
    At BEST, the entire encounter and resulting end situation, is going to be "interesting" to say the least!? I'm just hoping, that the HAT survives it all and can be shipped in one piece, BACK across the border and into the United States again without too much damage to it.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

+ Reply to Thread