+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just got permission!

Default Just got permission!

Just got permission to fish a privately owned old rock quarry. The owner hardly fishes it but showed me some pictures of bluegills and shellcrackers from last year that pushed a pound. Can't wait till May. Sounds like some awesome topwater opportunities.

Go catch some fish,

Gary

wear 'em out

Gary,

You lucky "dog"!

Let us know how it went.

I still have the 2 STH reels you were looking for.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Gary,

Sounds nice, we finally are getting settled. Got a place aprox 2 miles from the steam plant. ( as the crow flies ).
    Member FFF , TU, MTFF
    Ron

When we did that, I gave them my business card and put one on the dashboard. That way they KNEW who owned THAT car. I inquired if they wanted a phone call each time the evening before or just before I got there and where to park. I ALWAYS found the time to drop off a plate of cheeses to the 'Mrs.' for every time I fished; seemed to play well. I kept all gates as I found them and if they raised sheep, reported exactly any burdock I found.

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell View Post
    When we did that, I gave them my business card and put one on the dashboard. That way they KNEW who owned THAT car. I inquired if they wanted a phone call each time the evening before or just before I got there and where to park. I ALWAYS found the time to drop off a plate of cheeses to the 'Mrs.' for every time I fished; seemed to play well. I kept all gates as I found them and if they raised sheep, reported exactly any burdock I found.

More for hunting than fishing but I use to have an 8 1/2" X 11" sheet of paper laminated with Name, Address, Phone Numbers, License Plate and Car Make that I would give people who gave me permission. I would tell them that I wanted them to know who was on their land. It went over really well. Always leave the place as you found it or better. If I found some junk while out, I would pick it up. There are enough irresponsible people out there that if you act responsible it goes a long way.

Rick

+ Reply to Thread