+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Arkriver View Post
    then why hasn't anyone suggested that people cause pollution and we have too many people. Therefore a zero population growth objective would be in order
    Actually, that is the problem, It's called carrying capacity. The problem is that most people are afraid to admit it. If the earths population were half what it currently is we wouldn't be having this discussion about burning fossil fuels, or depleting our fisheries, or that we've destroyed 99% of the native prairies in the USA.
    I digress. If you think things are crowded now, think about this, current estimates project that the world's population will double again in the next 54-72 years. Chew on this, if we cut the worlds per capita carbon output in half, we will be in the same situation 60 years from now that we are today, if nothing else changes.

Kevin

So do I get a carbon credit for my fiberglass & bamboo rods??

Just remember how much doing something "just in case" will cost. Higher food prices related to higher corn & ethanol prices are just the beginning of overall higher prices associated with implementation of Gore Gobbledygook. I was listening to an Australian scientist the other day who was attending a Global Warming conference in NY. Their research in Australia determined that in order to meet Australia's carbon reduction goals and actually SEE a result and reduction; driving needs to be reduced by 80% and air travel would become an annual event.

Are you ready for that type of lifestyle change, "just in case Al's right?" Sorry but I don't want to go back to the 19th Century based on a theory.

All I can tell you is hold on to your wallet. Gas, oil and everything else will be going way UP if the "carbon taxers" get their way.

As for me; I'm with Rhett Butler!

Oh jees. People will believe anything, won't they.

One big crock of sheit!

All "Global Warming" is, is a means for Al Gore to make $$. This is quite possibly the largest fleecing of idiots that has ever come around.
    Last edited by Big Bad Wulff; 03-07-2008 at 04:24 PM.

Adhering to my lifelong* (almost) personal policy, of not debating an unwinnable issue, I withhold
    comment, however, Bamboozle,although it may not/does not accurately represent my hidden opinion, I love your closing, "As for me, I'm with Rhett Butler!". I will use it.

Mark

PS: * since once upon a time , while driving, I met, midspan on a single lane bridge............

It's a long story,

Since we all know the earth has had many cycles of heating and cooling, I'd like to know what the optimal temperature for the planet is, anyway.....

Further, I'd like to know why I should believe someone's forecast for the next 100 years, when they can't come close to telling me what's going to happen 3 days from now with any degree of accuracy.

And if man is the cause of global warming, how do you explain this?

http://www.ff.org/centers/csspp/pdf/...rcticatemp.pdf

So many questions, so little time to fish.

Thumbs down

This is a recent Story; The Weather Channel has lost its way, according to John Coleman, who founded the channel in 1982.

Coleman told an audience at the 2008 International Conference on Climate Change on March 3 in New York that he is highly critical of global warming alarmism.

?The Weather Channel had great promise, and that?s all gone now because they?ve made every mistake in the book on what they?ve done and how they?ve done it and it?s very sad,? Coleman said. ?It?s now for sale and there?s a new owner of The Weather Channel will be announced ? several billion dollars having changed hands in the near future. Let?s hope the new owners can recapture the vision and stop reporting the traffic, telling us what to think and start giving us useful weather information.?

The Weather Channel has been an outlet for global warming alarmism. In December 2006, The Weather Channel?s Heidi Cullen argued on her blog that weathercasters who had doubts about human influence on global warming should be punished with decertification by the American Meteorological Society.

Coleman also told the audience his strategy for exposing what he called ?the fraud of global warming.? He advocated suing those who sell carbon credits, which would force global warming alarmists to give a more honest account of the policies they propose.

?[I] have a feeling this is the opening,? Coleman said. ?If the lawyers will take the case ? sue the people who sell carbon credits. That includes Al Gore. That lawsuit would get so much publicity, so much media attention. And as the experts went to the witness stand and testified, I feel like that could become the vehicle to finally put some light on the fraud of global warming.?

Earlier at the conference Lord Christopher Monckton, a policy adviser to former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, told an audience that the science will eventually prevail and the ?scare? of global warming will go away. He also said the courts were a good avenue to show the science.

Stuart James and Paul Detrick also contributed to this report.
    End Quote.
    In my opinion, the Press has used "Global Warming" as a "Hot Topic" to draw attention to the TV & Newspaper News. If the earth warms or cools, there isn't anything we can do about it. The integrity of the Press has eroded and they are desperate for anything to boost their ratings.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
    So do I get a carbon credit for my fiberglass & bamboo rods??

But, you lose points for taking Panda food.

Dosent the new temp data (released last week) show that the earth has reversed 100years of global warming in the last 12 months? (1 degree temp drop globaly) here is one of my fav PooPoo on GW sites its all facts no pondering. http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/ice_ages.html
    Also has any one ever asked why they (the GW crowd) only uses the temp graph that starts at 1800. Was there a climate before that? Was it colder? Was it warmer? I know the answer. But Im not a sheep I like to find my own answers instead of regurgitate the one the media dindongs force feed me. also one of my fave you tubes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXrc1XZayp4
    day5flies.com warmwater DVD is now available!

Yea historically it has been much warmer and much colder. In fact most of the northern hemisphere was covered by one HUGE sheet of ice. Fishing must have really s***ed back then.

Kevin

+ Reply to Thread