+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bread in a can

Default Bread in a can

Joe's bread machine thread sent my mind reeling back some years. As a kid I remember Brown Bread In A Can. I believe it was made by the company who makes B&M Baked Beans. Does anyone recall this bread? It was one of my favorite.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Smile

Marty,
    Here it is;
    Brown Bread in a Can: Wholesome, Time-Honored Fare in 2 Flavors

For those who are unfamiliar with brown bread in a can, it may seem like some newfangled, space-age contrivance. But as those lucky enough to have been reared on this wholesome treat can tell you, it's a throwback to old New England.
    Made using only natural ingredients
    A rich molasses taste
    Serve right out of the can or toast, bake, or microwave it
    Available in plain or with raisins
    B&M's version has been tantalizing taste buds since 1867. Extremely moist and dense, this mouthwatering bread is made using only natural ingredients and has a rich molasses taste that comes through with every bite. Slice and serve right out of the can or, if you prefer, toast, bake, or microwave it. Great with cream cheese, peanut butter and jelly, or flavored cheese spreads topped with cold cuts. Available plain or with raisins. Approx. 8 servings in 16 oz. can.
    Price

H2657
    Any 2 Cans Brown Bread

$8.90

Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Quote Originally Posted by DShock View Post
    Marty,
    Here it is;
    Brown Bread in a Can: Wholesome, Time-Honored Fare in 2 Flavors

For those who are unfamiliar with brown bread in a can, it may seem like some newfangled, space-age contrivance. But as those lucky enough to have been reared on this wholesome treat can tell you, it's a throwback to old New England.
    Made using only natural ingredients
    A rich molasses taste
    Serve right out of the can or toast, bake, or microwave it
    Available in plain or with raisins
    B&M's version has been tantalizing taste buds since 1867. Extremely moist and dense, this mouthwatering bread is made using only natural ingredients and has a rich molasses taste that comes through with every bite. Slice and serve right out of the can or, if you prefer, toast, bake, or microwave it. Great with cream cheese, peanut butter and jelly, or flavored cheese spreads topped with cold cuts. Available plain or with raisins. Approx. 8 servings in 16 oz. can.
    Price

H2657
    Any 2 Cans Brown Bread

$8.90

Doug
    Sounds like it would be a great match with a can of Spam!

Brad

Normand Guest

its still a staple in new england!! MMMM GOOD!!!

Somehow I was never introduced to this product. Was/is this a regional item? Growing up we always had homemade breads, or traditional bakery breads made fresh. Never saw bread in a can, but like Brad said, it would be great with my beloved SPAM.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Superman loves it! (really)

Go to famousfoods.com, click on "New England Foods" on top & scroll down to B&M Beans and click on the Bean Can.
    Doug
    Last edited by DShock; 03-06-2008 at 12:31 AM.
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

That was one of my childhood favorites as well as ice box cake that was made out of thin chocolate cookies and held together with fresh whipped cream.

bill

TyroneFly -

Remember having it a long time ago, as a kid. Long before it was $8.90 a can.

It was a real treat - didn't have it often.

Kind of like the smoked salmon my Grandfather used to bring to us on his way through Sacramento back to San Francisco from his annual trip to the Klamath Country. He'd trade what salmon he caught to the Native Americans for a lesser weight of locally smoked. The waxed paper wrap would come off as he walked through the front door and the smoked salmon would just disappear.

Gosh, I hadn't thought of that for years.

Thanks for triggering the memory.

John
    The fish are always right.

You guys are taking me back further than I care to go!! But d**n it was a nice trip!!

+ Reply to Thread