+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tripping through the archives

Default Tripping through the archives

Went there specifically to find one article. Seems simple enough! That was over two hours ago ...

I got so hung up in the Lighter Side archives, and had such a wonderful morning reading "Humor and More", that I totally forgot what I was looking for, yet came away feeling so much better despite that fact.

We have fantastic writers on the Board now, don't get me wrong ... but reading back over the years, we've had some incredibly talented writers on here!! If Spring hasn't come to your neck of the woods yet, take a spin through the archives! You'll thank yourself ... and JC and LF!!!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I know what you mean Betty; I got lost in there once myself. Did not want to get out again!

Great Place. Jax

Betty,

I find leaving a trail of bread crumbs helps to find my way back.

I can totally relate. Sometime back I was looking for one thing or another and got sidetracked and ended up reading a bunch of Al Campbell articles. Really good stuff! Thanks for reminding me to take a trip back.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Yea - one time I went in there to look for something and came out 12 pounds lighter.
    The fish are always right.

Search works best for me to find something without wading through all the other things. I just try to recall a name or subject and chances are if I'm looking for something specific, I already know either a name or subject. If I'm really lucky, I will remember the entire name, subject, article, and/or the author.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

DA,

Too funny! I had all that in mind when I went in there! Just got magpied! Wound up having a ball!!
    Betty
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Betty;

I never dare go into the archives unless I have a couple of days where I have nothing due at work. I always seem to get sidetracked and sent off on so many tangents it is just crazy.

The only place I feel somewhat safe is the FOTW archives. I only feel safe there because the names are all there and I usually can escape having only perused a couple dozen or so.

Oh, Al's stuff is just too dangerous. I gotta clear the calendar for a week if I open that.
    Don Rolfson

You're right, HRH Betty, (but heck, when AREN'T you?).
    I always get a kick, (but also a sort of "what the heck, are you BLIND?), feeling when I see someone on here ask a question, that's so easily answered SOMEWHERE in the depths of this site.
    During the "Great Transition", when at last, most of the site was available, but the BB wasn't yet, I spent a great deal of time going back through many, many pages of the archives I hadn't visited for awhile and some, that I never had.
    It's a shame, the number of folks that seem to sign on here, only to use the BB and don't also take the time to START at the home page and work down through the links.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

+ Reply to Thread