+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SheTies... the knot!

nighthawk Guest

SheTies,
    I am just tickled pink for you and Rob! WOW! May the good Lord bless your union and bring you many blessings in the future. Amen. Wish we could have been there.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

An American Proverb:
    Perseverance will accomplish all things.

Hey, he got himself a winner!

Congratulations!
    I think you have a winner!
    That fish interests me, What is it. Must be some kind of Salmon maybe? Looks delicious anyway.

Ol' Bill

The lake we stayed at has several species of fish in it. There are rainbows(regular,kamloops and gerard), kokanee, brown and lake trout. There are also some greylings and other misc fish.

The fish in the picture is one of the rainbows we caught. The lake had turned not too long ago, maybe only 2 weeks ago, so the fish were well fed and not biting as much. Right at shore there were literally thousands of fish swimming around from fingerlings to 16" ones. We caught a few off of the dock wich was very cool since we could see them following the fly and then grabbing it.

Not sure what fish this is but it was one of the medium ones we caught off the dock. Any ideas?

There is a small island that is surrounded by large shoals. We only noticed a few fish cruising along them though.

Guessing from the coloration your fish is a Kamaloops, they tend to have a blueish hue. They are neat fighters!

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Blog Entries

That second fish looks like a Squawfish/Pikeminnow . See link
    [url=http://www.waywardflyfishing.com/articleSquaw.htm:ed7be]http://www.waywardflyfishing.com/articleSquaw.htm[/url:ed7be]

They grow quite large in the bigger lakes In BC . I have caught them in the 10lb range . They fight pretty good . I once caught a big one and filleted it . I barbequed it . It stunk so bad (smelled like a wet alge swamp ) my Mom made me throw it out. I gave it to our cat who turned her nose up at it. Probably spoiled on fancy feast catfood . they are officially a coarse fish and no limits on them .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

congrats! I am going on 22 years of marriage. Enjoy the ride. It goes by too fast.

Tight lines

SheTies,
    Congratulations! You'll have many wonderful years ahead of you. And I like that idea of a honeymoon you two took. Reminds me of 26 yrs ago and a cabin on a lake was (ahem..) "...all I could afford..." - so ... we went fishing ) (cough, cough).

Many, many happy returns to you both.

And Diane, I have to say, that signature line of yours...It's awesome! I grinned reading it.

Jeremy.

Congratulations, hope you are as happy as me and my Mrs have been throughout our married life togather.

Andy

May your marriage be like a Bimini Twist. Stronger than the individual line(s) that make it up and able to provide some give when one end pulls on it.

May it be as beautiful as a Parmachene Bell floating on the water with a nice Salmon near by and may your marriage last as long as life itself.

jed

+ Reply to Thread