+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ideas?

Default Ideas?

Ive been thinking about my fly selection lately and have begun to tie some different types of emergers and nymphs. Some of the patterns ive looked at call for antron yarn for an air bubble which i dont have at the moment. Anyone have any substitutes or patterns that i can tie otherwise? Also im planning on fishig eastern connecticut for trout this spring and have been tying some suggested nymphs. However ive been thinking of trying some new patterns specifically beadheads? Any suggestions?

Blog Entries

Polypropylene yarn would be an easy sub. I really like to use white poly yarn for air bubbles on thorax's. Looks really good in the water and catches fish to. win win situation.

I also like natural material with a little epoxy on the thorax for the air bubble.
    Chris
    "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."-Steven Wright
    http://fishiesonthefly.blogspot.com/

NEF33;
    If you don't have any white, Polypro yarn, and/or, white Antron shoot me a PM with your mailing address and I'll send you a 2 foot chunk of each to help you out!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

yea maybe i will, i need some additional things anyways so i might just buy some. i just rearranged my desk and found alot of crap i bought or got when i was first starting that i hardly ever use, such as thick green chenille like 100 yards of it

+ Reply to Thread