+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting

Default Interesting

The Borgers are gonna be at some of the western Bass Pro stores for their big spring sale. Scroll down to the middle of the page here:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...s.cfm&option=2

Just noticed that Bob Clouser will be at some of the eastern stores.
    Last edited by deathb4disco; 02-29-2008 at 07:03 PM.

Ya, I can just hear the bass-boys now, "who the @$## are those guys?"

Actually I believe Bob Clouser's son is the manager of the fly fishing department in the Harrisburg, PA store so I figure the fly shop is where they will be hanging out.

Aw, come on,,, looks silly to me. Those guys in that group with all of those metal-flake stars! Fish outta water.

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell View Post
    Aw, come on,,, looks silly to me. Those guys in that group with all of those metal-flake stars! Fish outta water.
    DEFINITELY fish outta water. The local Bass Pro always used to bring in fly guys from the area for the annual sale but never any "name" people. The local TU chapter always set up a booth as did a local women's FF group. Needless to say, those were LONELY gigs.

Blog Entries

Given the large fuel tanks on their boats, which sit near big, hot-running engines, I'd have to say, "Yes." That and the idea of hitting dragonflies at 70 mph warrants a little protective clothing.

One of the more interesting boating incidents that I have witnessed was a speedboat that hit a large paddlefish basking on the surface of Old Hickory Lake. Neither can truly be said to have won the encounter.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by PeteMc View Post
    It may seem silly, but I have a question.

Why do the bass pro guys look like they are about to run in a nascar event?

Is there a risk of catching fire while bass fishing?D)
    We talked about this a while back. NASCAR has a lot of room for Sponsor ads on the race cars and Bass pros have a low profile boat, with very little room for ads, so the pros clothing is covered instead.
    All those guys are smiling, but that can't be an easy life.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Quote Originally Posted by DShock View Post
    We talked about this a while back. NASCAR has a lot of room for Sponsor ads on the race cars and Bass pros have a low profile boat, with very little room for ads, so the pros clothing is covered instead.

Doug
    Right on....as this guy (Garfunkle?) demonstrates in his attempt to emulate the pros with his heavily patched
    sweatshirt and used Bass Tracker.... back in another life as a fanatical bass fisherman.

nam

Quote Originally Posted by PeteMc View Post
    It may seem silly, but I have a question.

Why do the bass pro guys look like they are about to run in a nascar event?
    Maybe because they're smarter than us fly guys.

We wear plenty of logos of our attire yet I don't know of anyone personally who is getting any sponsorship dollars from the manufacturers. Unless of course they are a FLY FISHING pro and then they have lots of patches too!

I have a question: Why do so many fly fisherman feel compelled to make fun of non-fly fishermen?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
    I have a question: Why do so many fly fisherman feel compelled to make fun of non-fly fishermen?
    Probly for the same reason a few guys in a local B.A.S.S. chapter looked at my
    bass fishing rig with amusement or, if I feel sensitive this morning, darn right disdain.
    Screw-em has always been a good philosophy
    nam

+ Reply to Thread