+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Excited!!!!!!!

Default I'm Excited!!!!!!!

I was watching the Travel Channel and a commercial came on for Anthony Bourdain's Ne Reservations show for Monday, March 3 at 10 p.m.EST He will be in Hawaii and will be sampling ALL THINGS SPAM! This will be a classic, and I'll probably record it so I can pass it down to my children and grandchildren.

For me, this will be a religious experience. I'm sure Mikey and Paul will be glued to the TV right along with me. Don't miss it!

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Smile

Paul,
    I hope you have a TV? You know those square box thingy's, that you can change channels, with the flipper knob! Here is a TIP; Get a metal coat hanger and stick it on top of your TV, then bend the hanger any which way, to get a better signal. There are 2 nobs for Vertical Hold & Horizontal Hold and all you have to remember is Vertical is when your sober and Horizontal is when your not. I don't think the Hawaii Spam Show is going to be Pay-Per-View, so you won't have to pay for it! OH! One more thing! That cord attached to your TV! It has a plug on the end of it and you have to plug it into the wall.
    Thanks,
    Doug
    Last edited by DShock; 02-28-2008 at 01:28 AM.
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Joe,

Thanks for the info. I enjoy Tony's take on food and culture. I'll look forward to seeing this show. I've try to maintain a position of neutrality during the resent "SPAM WARS" but I have to confess, I too have an appreciation for the fine dining experience that only spam can provide. My father first introduced me to the wonder and versatility of spam while squirrel hunting and trout fishing as a child. Nothing like sliced spam fried in an old army mess kit over an open fire! YUM! YUM!

Let not your heart be troubled by the nay sayer and less refined palettes that would deny themselves of this culinary delight of pork shoulder and ham. Let them sup upon lesser foods and leave the true delicacies for those with refinement and taste enough to enjoy the finer things in life.

Keep the faith! Now where did I put that can of vienna sausages?
    Joe Bertolini

Talking

Secretly Paul sings to himself....

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
    I'm about to lose control and I think I like it (Spam, that is)
    I'm so excited and I just can't hide it
    And I know I know I know I know I know I want some gotta have some
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Dinty Moore beef stew heated over a Sterno stove and fried Fox squirrel during fall archery season, served from the tail-gate of my Nash Rambler in the north woods of Michigan. And to realize,,, I could have had Spam instead; damn!

Talking

Thanks for the laugh guys JC I feel your pain.. lol

Uhhhhhhhhhhh. errrrrrrrrrr. welllllllllllllllllll. Hmmmmmmmmmm.
    I don't even know HOW to respond to such a post! Maybe, when what's left of my mind can wrap itself around the fact that SOMEONE has so damn much MONEY that they can afford to wastes it on "televising a program on the human consumption of waste by-products", I'll have an idea?
    I FULLY AGREE with JC. "eating the tailgate of a Nash Rambler"......... sounds far MORE appetizing, than that of eating "ground up slaughter house floor sweepings in a can". At least the chemicals, toxic acids and metal dissolving agents found in Denny Moor Stew, would soften the tailgate enough to digest it.

Geeze, Joe. After receiving those gorgeous flies, you sent me, (albeit the added attempt on my life, with the other items included also), I just can't put 2 and 2 together, to think a program like "Eating Sewage In The Islands", would be something that excites you so much!?! "RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE"??

Now, DOUG, YES! THAT.... I would easily understand HIM getting this excited about a SPAM show. He STILL thinks, that chocolate milk comes only from brown cows and that strawberry milkshakes and ice cream, comes from red ones. Neither, have I been able to convince the man, that "SPAM, DOENS'T come, only from "rectangular pigs".
    And, I'm more than sure, Duggie-Wuggie, WILL enjoy the show, only if, he stops trying to get it on his radio, first, and complain because "the picture's hard to see".

Even The Buckeye Bandit, I'm SURE will also tune in. I've talked to Mikey on the land line enough to know, he's man of deep religious convictions and beliefs, so being this "religious whatever" it's supposed to be, PLUS his love of SPAM, I'm sure will glue him right to his TV for the entire episode. He will also, no doubt, chow down his daily SPAM devotional of a 3-slice-toasted-SPAM-sandwich, while enjoying the entire thing.

But, sorry to say, I won't be watching it. Instead, I'll either simply go FISHING or maybe even, head to the local wrecking yard and try and seek out a tasty Nash tailgate, for my supper.................
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dinty Moore. Isn't she an actress? Wonder what she is doing hanging out in the Michigan woods with Castwell. Perhaps a casting lesson from Superman himself. LOL

Blog Entries

Talking

Joe:
    If you put aluminium foil on the antenna lead and slide it up and down that will also help to clarify the signal. You know its the same aluminium foil, you use in your hat to keep the aliens/Government agents and the like from brainwashing you with secret radio signals.
    I sure hope the Government isn't putting those spybot micro chips in the spam anymore.

Hawaii the The Aloha State, land of Hula Girls, Sunshine, Pineapples and SPAM!

The State bird of Hawaii. is The Nene or Hawaiian Goose. Which is a very Close relative of the Canadian goose.
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...diangeese.html

The State flower is the Yellow hibiscus
    The state Flowers are Hawaiian leis
    The State dish is a mixture of Raw Fish SPAM, Pineapple and some other icky goopy stuff. Called Poi.
    Pronounced- Poi
    The State Fish - Is the Humuhumunukunukuapuaa.
    Pronounced - Hoo-moo-Hoo-moo-Noo-koo-Noo-koo-AH-poo-AH-ah.
    For non Hawaiians who cannot Hoo moo Noo Koo it also goes by the name Fred.
    (Because an ingredient of Poi is that disgusting Spam it is illegal to add the state fish to the state dish thus making it the outlawed poo poo Poi . )

The state Marine Mammal is the Humpback Whale. Spam fed Humpbacks are known as the botched pigmy porpoise because of their stunted size and misshapen bodies.

The State tree is the Kukui or Candlenut. Often used in the production of Spam, insecticides, dioxins poisons and other really scary icky stuff.

The state gem is Black Coral. Which is really just Spam Fed white coral. Only one feeding is required to turn white coral black, however two servings are required for gem quality coral . It is a very rare and hardy white coral that survives the first Spam feeding due to the various toxins in the meat. Thus the rarity of Black coral.

Spam is the state mystery meat.

The State mystery is why anybody would eat Spam.

For a complete history of Spam go to www.pinkmeatsuicide.com

For my Hawaiian friends the above is meant as purely humor and should not be taken as an insult to your wonderful State. Perhaps an insult to Spam but no more than that.

For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

God, GNUBEE you're my NEW HERO!!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

+ Reply to Thread