+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally a way to get to that "impossible" hole!

Question Finally a way to get to that "impossible" hole!

This takes the cake!
    www.avivafishinbuddy.com/

Surprising part is that it was on a TV ad for Shaw's Grigsby's fishing show "One more cast". I had left the outdoors channel on & when I walked into the room, this ad was airing. When I saw it was one of his sponsors, I laughed my butt off!
    This type of thing belongs as an ad for a cartoon show, certainly not a show featuring a "pro" fisherman. I want to see ol' Shaw fish with this thing..after all, he SHOULD support his sponsors. Who knows, it may be the next big thing in tournaments. It would be great for the environment. Savings on gas & closer rapport with their fans, who could join 'em on the dock while they're pressin' buttons. I can hear it now..."OOOH SON! Nice fish...I'm gonna hafta buy me some stronger batteries!...Either that or an attached microphone that says..."If you weigh more than 2 pounds, please swim away!"
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Mike -

That is just toooooooooo funny !!

Thanks for posting the link.

John

P.S. I think I would kind of miss the feel of the take.
    The fish are always right.

The bass fishing boards have been having a good time with that thing.

A sidenote is that people have apparently rigged RC boats to do this previously, I have seen threads on youtube of fish to powerful for the boat motor that have pulled a boat all over the lake, under the water, etc.

I have been doing some carp fishing and studying the European methods of baiting an area and then fishing that area with specialized long rods for carp. One of the hottest things out there is a remote controlled boat that will deliver bait to your fishing area. Think chumming. Those boats are closer to $400 instead of $60 bucks.

Could be a fun way to introduce kids to pan fishing. It very well might keep their attention span better than watching a bobber.

Rick

That is funny. I would love to see the look on the father and son's faces as a lunker pulled the boat under.
    As they walk off the dock the camera pans to the garbage can to see one more remote dropped on top of 4 others.
    But I would have to say I like where their hearts are at. Fishing

Respectfully,
    Sean
    Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!

I've been thinking of something like this very thing, except I would rig it with a release like on a planer board to haul my line out further than I could cast it, especially if wading is outta the question. A quick jerk, and I'm fishing. Bring the boat back, for the next "cast".

Now even I can catch a fish!

Steve
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Blog Entries

Ha ha ha, My dad was thinking of something exactly like that except without the bobber (think trolling lures). But get a bigger boat with more powerful engine to handle bigger fish.

I would "LMAO" if some kid was using this thing at my local lake and I got to watch a huge bass come up and take the boat down to "swim with the fishes"
    Chris
    "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."-Steven Wright
    http://fishiesonthefly.blogspot.com/

Hummingbird has a Fish finder specifically intended for this application, it has a Wireless RF transducer which can be mounted remotely, Ive seen it used on the small boats, cast as a bobber etc... And yes is a good number of funny vids on the net starring these Remotes.

Blog Entries

HAHA OMG we finally have it. wireless phones, wireless controlers and now... WIRELESS FISHING!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread