+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Count ??

Normand Guest

no i dont count, write in a journal etc. tried doing the journal once and got bored.

i just go out and fish and have fun.

I count, but it is because I know about how many fish I can take out of some of the ponds.
    IIf I am one of those that can't atke much pressure after I have the number of fish I might go to another pond like this and fish there for a while.

For me it is not bragging, but a way to help keep the ponds in balance.

I have a much fun being out on the pond and being skunked as I do catching a bunch.

Rick

Blog Entries

i usually count. but thats because when im going after bluegill or crappie, i have to count because if i tell the game warden after bringing in a big ol basket of fish that "Nah i just wasnt counting. i dont pay attention to that kind of thing" he'll probably laugh in my face and hand me a few hundred dollar ticket.
    but when im not catching much and im not at risk of exceeding the legal limit, i usually dont bother counting just because theres no need.

I don't count for two reasons:

A high fish count doesn't necessarily mean an enjoyable out for me, nor does a low fish count mean I didn't have a good time.

I'm stupidly superstitious and I fear what may happen if I finish the day with 13 fish, or what happens when hooking/playing/landing fish #13. Bad juju.

I'm like John, I count but I count everything! It's not because I driven to keep score, count coup, or demonstrate that I bigger, better or badder than anybody else, it's purely compulsive behavior based on what I do. I go deer hunting and I count the shots I've heard, the deer, turkeys, squirrels, etc. that I've seen. I count fish hooked, fish lost, fish landed, fish refusals, flies used, flies lost, flies tied at the bench, thread wraps, wire wraps, ribbing, number of tail fibers, etc., etc., etc., I count any and everything! Again, not for any particular reason or use... I refer back to the compulsive behavior thing. Yep, it's weird and serves no real purpose for me because most of the time if somebody asks I tend to generalize 'cause I don't think the numbers are important to anyone but me.

I must be off as I'm sure I'm missing something I should be counting!
    Joe Bertolini

I am a financial consultant and CPA by trade. I deal with numbers all the time. They drive me crazy! Really!!! I find I count all the time. The other day I counted the number of tying thread spools I have. What I should have done was determine the colors I have so I can determine what, if anything, I may need.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I'm starting a list of folks I don't want to play golf with.........

Duckster, I'm with you. Seems "counting" in that weird waste of time, called "Golf", is an all important issues with the "Plaid Trousers Gang".
    The last time I was talked into playing golf, ("A good walk, spoiled", as a very wise man, once said), I shot an 83.
    I was proud of that score, until the people I was playing with, made the snide remark. "Maybe on hole #2, you'll do better, Paul!"
    Haven't picked up a golf club, since and never will, again.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Default I only count to five!

I think that I fall into the category of "half counting." I only count to five and after that just remember it as a good day. Strange, I know, but true. 8T

Quote Originally Posted by gutbomb View Post
    I don't count for two reasons:

A high fish count doesn't necessarily mean an enjoyable out for me, nor does a low fish count mean I didn't have a good time.

I'm stupidly superstitious and I fear what may happen if I finish the day with 13 fish, or what happens when hooking/playing/landing fish #13. Bad juju.
    gutbomb your not serious about the superstition are you? I'm largely superstitious too and it's driving me crazy.

AM

+ Reply to Thread