+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fill The Box Challenge

Deezel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by flybinder View Post
    I KNOW you weren't, criticizing AT ALL, Deezel, that wasn't the point of my post!! I was merely asking "what the difference was", between the three is all, in the event, THIS post was pulled, but the others were allowed to continue!? Which they SHOULD, as well as this one!!
    I've never seen, where you've criticized anyone, on FAOL Deez, so I knew you weren't on this one, either. I was merely curious!
    Thanks.
    I can't give you the reason(s), or define the use of the word 'solicitations'. It's up to the Administrator(s)/Moderator(s). Best thing to do if you're thinking about posting an effort like this is what Normond wrote: 'get approval by the site administrator(s) first'.

Deezel

Sorry for causing such a stir in the community. I guess I should have gone through the proper channels before posting this. If the moderators see fit they should remove this post, but please don't ban me.

We are hoping to raffle this off and make anywhere from $300-$600 on this which all proceeds will be going to stream improvement.

I wish you luck. I ran the New Mexico Trout conclave raffle for two years, it was a lot work but after it was over, definitely worth it.

With 150 slots and hoping to fill those with a dozen or so flies, I would hope you get more than $600.

I'm not sure how you plan on raising money for this, but for an item of that nature, a suggestion to increase money - do a square board raffle - have 100 squares and sell them for $20 a piece at the least. With that many flies hopefully, you shouldn't have any problems getting $2000 for it, especially with the case being offered.

Another suggestion, offer tax deduction forms for those who donate. I know it's not a huge deduction for some, but it's just something to help.

Again, good luck!

Chad send me a PM with address and I'll be good for a dozen or more. I do the same for our club auction by getting flies from our speakers. Stick in there, some will always question a worthwhile request. BILL

I'll be happy to participate. PM me your address. Sounds like a worthy cause. This is another spin off of "what can we do to support and grow the sport"?
    God Bless America

+ Reply to Thread