+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Major Burnout!

Default Major Burnout!

Hi Folks,

Over the years I have really enjoyed FAOL, Jim and Deanna, and the many friends
    I've made on here. Wonderful bunch of folks! Alas, due to a couple of knee operations
    and a severe drought here on the Santee Cooper Reservor, I can hardly remember the
    last time I had a productive trip. Now, it's literally a hike across the flats to see the
    dry spots where the fish "used to be". The boat landings havn't reached the water for
    some time now. The other waters in the area are all tidal with large tides and heavy
    currents. Not my cup of joe.*G* Therefore, my tying gear, flyrods and reels and all
    the goodies are boxed up and going in my storage room. The boat is cleaned up and may
    soon be looking for a new owner!? I'm finding it difficult to get enthused about fishing
    at all. I'm getting back into RC modeling for the first time in over a decade and am
    tickled to find the progress thats come about with the electrics during my absence.
    Nothing wrong with clean, silent, push button flying.*G* Anyway, I felt I owed you
    fine folks an explanation why I've not been around. Best wishes (and fishes) to all of
    you folks. Warm regards, Jim

P.S. Here's one of Santee Coopers fantastic stump fields. Hundred of acres of prime
    bass habitat. I'll be back when it's a bit more habitable to the bass and gills!

Jim, That's sad...I wish you the best....remember things have a way of cycling....you will and have been missed.

Wow...incredible. i knew it was bad down there, but not that bad. My daughter lives in Durham, NC, and the last time I was down there (before Christmas) the lakes all looked pretty much the same as above. Hope you guys get some appreciable rain soon.
    "Fly fishing is the most fun you can have standing up" Arnold Gingrich

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Unhappy Oh no!

Jim,

I understand how you feel. Lake Hartwell has taken on that same look in many coves and back waters. Courtesy docks are thirty to forty feet away from the water and half of the boat ramps are closed. It's pretty discouraging.

You've been missed on the BB. Please hold off on selling your boat. You never can tell when fifteen or twenty feet of water might come along and how it would change your view of fishing. In the mean time, enjoy your models and take care, my friend. Please check back from time to time and let us know how you are doing. Ned

PS I bet you build some FINE models.

Jim,
    I have been through changes like you and I want you to know that your happiness and health are a priority!, over anything else.
    Best of Luck to You!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Jim, This would be a dandy time to plant some baldcypress seedlings in those dry coves! If they had a year or two, they might grow clear of the returning water and could provide fish cover for a century or more. It would also be a great time for somebody with a front-end loader &/or backhoe to remove some silt and create some deep holes. I don't know if there is a group that is empowered to do that, but it would be a great time to.

Good luck with your R/C vehicles. I expect that we shall still be here when you make your return.

Ed

As mentioned, Jim, you'll of course be sorely missed. I wish you the best and DO HOPE things improve enough, to get you back on the water sooner than you may think!
    At LEAST, you're going to go back to another hobby you truly enjoy! I've been heavily involved in RC'ing as a "second addiction" for many years and you're right....... you're going to love what's happened to the whole thing!
    I'm currently in the middle of a "turbine engined fighter", which as you know, wasn't even thought of, 10 years ago!
    Take care, BEST OF LUCK with all your endeavors and return ASAP, when and if, you feel the time is right!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jim, I have always been jealous of your fishery! I loved to see the pics of those huge bluegills. I hate to hear of the drought, but it will end.

Norm

I hope things get better for all of you down in that area. We went through a drought in about 1992.

Not a fun epxerience.

Rick

Well Mr. Hatch, I'll for sure miss you. Sounds like you are doing well, and for that, I am grateful.
    Take care my friend, and well, I kinda hope you guys have a mild flood.. lol

Tim...

+ Reply to Thread