+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok, so I'm a thief!

Thumbs up Ok, so I'm a thief!

I use a Danvise & am very happy with it, but I'm also human when a fair to middlin' opportunity arises.

On a local Ohio board I post on occasionally, a guy had up for sale an "as new" Renzetti Cam Action Traveler vise with material clip, pedestal base, Renzetti foam tool caddy, and he threw in a bobbin. This vise was used for 20-25 flies & is literally new. He wanted some hunting stuff & decided to sell the vise, which he wasn't using. I paid a whopping 75 bucks for the whole shebang & picked the vise et al up tonight. Another new toy!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Mikey,
    That's like putting your conscience in neutral and opportunity in drive? Actually it's just being at the right place at the right time. Nice deal. Good luck with it.

Mark

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Default Wow!

He doesn't have another vise hidden away somewhere, does he? Great deal! 8T

Mike,

I hope you wore a mask when you stole that vise. That's a heck of a good deal. Congrats on obtaining another new toy.

REE

Now........................just WAIT A DADBURNMINUTE, here, Mikey-Poo! When you and I spoke on the land line, yesterday, (I STILL have a migraine but it was worth it I GUESS?), you asked MY advice on; "If that would be a good deal or not" and "If I told you IT WAS, truthfully, and you bought it.............. you'd send it out my way, for me to "break in for you"!! BUT... you FORGOT, somehow, to ask for my address!??!
    And, NOW, you say you picked it up tonight??'
    Hmmmmmmm..........
    Last edited by flybinder; 01-30-2008 at 03:44 AM.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Thats a heck of a nice vice Mike. I have one and I love it.

I guess Its that old luck of the Irish rearing its ugly head again.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Paul,
    I was so concerned about it getting damaged in transit, that I just figured I shouldn't insult you that way, so I'll just keep that ol' thing. I DO have some dryer lint dubbing I'll send you though! I even have some with paper fragments for that "spikey" look...I get that after my daughter does her laundry. It's a wonderful creation that is a result of her not emptying her pockets.
    BTW, it was good talkin' to ya....the world will never be the same!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber View Post
    Paul,
    I was so concerned about it getting damaged in transit, that I just figured I shouldn't insult you that way, so I'll just keep that ol' thing. I DO have some dryer lint dubbing I'll send you though! I even have some with paper fragments for that "spikey" look...I get that after my daughter does her laundry. It's a wonderful creation that is a result of her not emptying her pockets.
    BTW, it was good talkin' to ya....the world will never be the same!
    Mike
    Mike,
    I hope you reversed the charges?
    Thanks,
    Doug P.S. Paul, How bout a Tutorial on a Lint Fly?
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Well, DOUG as well as, TERROR TUBER........................ it's sure nice to know that the old saw of "WHO NEEDS ENEMIES, WHEN YOU HAVE FRIENDS, LIKE I HAVE", still holds true! And just knowing that The NBOF is alive and well, is so HEART WARMING!
    Dougy-Wuggy, if you're not very careful....... I just might post pictures of my "sewer leech", which is truthfully tied with the filtering material used in sewer plant filtering systems. However, since it's been an extremely deadly fly, over on Rocky Ford for big trout, I kind of hate to make it public!?!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Paul,
    QUOTE;Dougy-Wuggy, if you're not very careful....... I just might post pictures of my "sewer leech", which is truthfully tied with the filtering material used in sewer plant filtering systems. However, since it's been an extremely deadly fly, over on Rocky Ford for big trout, I kind of hate to make it public!?!" End Quote.

Paul, Paul, Paul,
    First, it's spelled "Duggie" and drop the "Wuggy". Second, You said "I kind of hate to make it public!?!" If you want to get "Banned", be my Guest!
    Doug

+ Reply to Thread