+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for help?

Default Looking for help?

I want to have 2 of my 9" bamboo fly rods made shorter into what they call Banty rods I guess?
    The rods are stripped and someone before me started to work on them but stopped when i picked them up. I had previously talked through e-mail with a member rocky mountain brown. I have emailed him again with no response. Is there anyone out there that does what I mentioned for other people for a fair price? If so let me know at my e-mail address as follows:
    hardy.w@comcast.net I will appreciate all the help I can get. Walter

Would you be interested in doing it yourself? It is a relatively easy job, and you would have some satisfaction in having done it. I did it on my dad's heavy old 9' 3 pc and have a light, responsive 4 wt that I enjoy a lot. There are a lot of people on the board who would be glad to help you.
    If you just don't want to do it, you can pm me, I might be able to do it.

Default I know out of all of you people?

I know that there is someone out there that can do what I listed for a reasonable price? I could probably do it myself but I have a problem with my hands and grip. I had someone before named at least his email address was rocky mountain brown I sent him an email but no answer back from him. I guess he doesn't want to do what i want anymore. I just want to make two Banty rods out of my 2 9' bamboo rods I have now and don't want to spend a lot of money to do this. I want to do this so when I retire soon I will have them. I really need help?
    Thanks everybody Walter e-mail replys to hardy.w@comcast.net

It would help if we knew where you live--fill out you profile. I know people that work on bamboo. BILL

Smile needing help?

I live in Washington State in a town called Lakewood in Pierce county. I'm 60 years old and love to fish. I fly fish and lake fish but like to do the old way with things that is why I want some short fly rods for fishing in small creeks. I really do need some help? I can wrap guides but not do reel seats or corks and have not done ferules.

Walter, did you ever get anyone to work on your rods?

I'm talking to someone over the internet now about it and will let you know tanks walter

+ Reply to Thread