+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Posting 101. Another bonehead here.

Default Posting 101. Another bonehead here.

I seem to be unable to leave a partially written post, to import a website to it, without losing everything I've written to that point. It seems like I've done it in the past, but can't remember how I did it. I know I can do it at the front of the post, but usually I'm most of the way done writing when I remember a site that would be relvant, and I hate having to re-write the post to add the site. I see in the "Additional Options" section below the message area, a button that says "Attach files", and I can see how to import pictures from my files, but say I wanted to go to photobucket, on the web and post from there, without losing my text, what do I need to do?
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Lew,
    Stay on the FAOL posting box page, go to bookmarks, click on Google, find your site, hit the back button and there you are!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

If you are using a browser with tabs open a new page for the new website...... then click back to the FAOL page

And if you are using Internet Explorer, click on File, New, Window.
    I think, therefore I fish.

I'm using MSN browser, but I don't know what is meant by a browser with tabs. Can you enlighten me Ducksterman?

Dshock
    I tried doing what you said, and when I came back to it, the text was gone. Here's the sequence. From the message box, click on "favorites". Click on "google". Use the google browser to find the wanted website. Highlight, copy, hit the return button back to the message box. No text left in the box. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by onemorecast View Post
    And if you are using Internet Explorer, click on File, New, Window.
    I'm getting closer. Just a matter of figuring out the navigation. Thanks troops.

Hey lew it is rather easy. type your message and when you are ready for the other past to copy minimize faol open a new browser window and go to the site you want copy, copy what you need and then minimize that site and maximize faol, paste statement pic or whatever and post.

Lew,
    You have a PM.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Lew,

CTRL + T

Do that command with your key board. ( dont add the + just hit CTRL the while holding that button down hit T.)

Then you can use the new tab to do anything else And find websites, Then just click the tab with FAOL in it.

I frequently browse 2 websites with tabs.

Hope it helps
    Chris
    "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."-Steven Wright
    http://fishiesonthefly.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by harleybob87 View Post
    Hey lew it is rather easy. type your message and when you are ready for the other past to copy minimize faol open a new browser window and go to the site you want copy, copy what you need and then minimize that site and maximize faol, paste statement pic or whatever and post.
    Tried it Bob, and it doesn't work. It still erased the message, just as if I'd X'ed out of it.

+ Reply to Thread