+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Most Technical Trout Stream?

I think the "technical" difficulty can be perceived to be vastly different at different stages as well. Overall, I would say that the Western waters of Idaho and Montana are about as difficult as it gets. The Letort however, has a distinct disadvantage in its sulphur hatch of early spring. Fish practically jump into the net during the weeks of May, which, if you choose to visit the Letort during this time, can produce some uncharacteristic results. That said, the sulphur hatch is some of the finest fishing I've ever seen, but when its over, I think the Letort, without any steady supply of hatches, edges out as the most "technically" difficult stream.

[This message has been edited by LetortRun (edited 14 August 2005).]

So RW, you assumed that when I answered Flat Creek in Wyoming, I meant it to imply " of all the streams in the US" as opposed to only those I've fished? Interesting assumption , however, obviously incorrect.

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

Coppermine brook in Bristol Connecticut

When i think technical i think Rocky Ford Sping Creek. If you have ever fished there in the late fall through winter you know what i am talking about.

------------------
    trout, bass, sea bass i dont care its fishing. <><

Marco, RW here

My original post was directed to MM, and only MM and the way he posed the question. No member of FAOL can prove that their stream is the most technical for catching trout and prove it. The question is dumb. Period. I stand by my original post. If you want to read something else into it that's your problem.

Later, RW

------------------
    "We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring on fishing the wet fly-
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

RW,
    "the question is ludicrous and so are the answers"
    I'm under the impression that contrary to your statement of exclusitivity to MM.s post, My answer WAS included. Therefore my reaction. Your problem seems to be you forgot what you wrote.

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

RW,
    I stayed out of this until now. I frequently fish with Mike Murgida & I will NOT stand by & have a question from a fine 14 year old (who COULD be a dope-head!)picked apart because he did not word it to suit you. I think others on this board answered the question appropriately...that is, within their experience & knowledge. We should ALL applaud the young man for his willingness to communicate with his elders when many his age refuse!!!
    Mike

------------------
    "I've HAD muh say!".....
    George MacMichael from The Real Mccoys

[This message has been edited by ohiotuber (edited 14 August 2005).]
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

tuber, RW here,

I kid around with MM on the chat room 3 or 4 nights a week. I've known him in that venue for over a year, and he's a good kid, as are all the other youngsters I kid around with in the chat room. You simply don't have a clue as to what my relationship with Mike is so maybe you "should have" stayed out of it like you originally planned.

Mike, I still think the question is dumb. We'll talk later.

Marco: We are both in our 60's...very late 60's for me. I can tell by your posts that you have "issues". So do I. When you finally figure out how to get on the chat room, and stay there, we'll talk about em...lol. Get on the stick. You're missing a good time.

Later, RW

------------------
    "We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring on fishing the wet fly-
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

MM;
    Some day I hope you can come up here and help us fish the "Little Manistee"! It's tough, but the type of place you just want to be at! You may be able to give us "old guys" some lessons!
    Fish in the morning, after breakfast, (or before) play Yhatze and tell lies in the hot afternoon while eating balogna sandwhichs with cheese for lunch. And after a dinner of Venison Loins, potato salad, baked beans, and French Bread go out again. Then sit around the campfire and tell more lies.
    Maybe you can work it out to attend the 2006 AuSable Fish-In. Check out my post on that.
    P.S. You are also invited to come up in June of 2006 to fish the Hex hatch. Hitch a ride with ohiotuber.

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus AKA "Lucky Dog (Pirate Name)"

[This message has been edited by Jack Hise (edited 15 August 2005).]

Mike:

I understood what you were asking. I've had many posts that were far more stupid and I have a masters degree from an Ivy League school.

While I was there I learned one thing that I will never forget. There is no question worth asking that cannot be answered "it depends." (By the way you sound real smart when you answer a question that way - except that you have to say "well" before "it depends". If you can then toss in a word like paradigm or polemic or efficacious or something like that then all the better.)

Since that old **** fan of those choking dog New York Yankees thinks the answer to your question can only be "it depends" then it must be a really good question. Right?

[This message has been edited by eponymous (edited 15 August 2005).]

+ Reply to Thread