+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What I absolutely hate about FAOL

Smile

Well now I can say for sure, this site has been a God send many times, I know it has a great deal to do with the 2 individuals who happen to own and operate this site. Without there morals and values it would not be like it is here, of coures that would be JC and LF. Not only do they watch and monitor here, they also include there lives here with us. They are not running this like a impersonnel machine where as we know nothing about them, but they include there lives in here with us. So in effect, this is there house, there online home (if I may) that we share in with them, that makes a huge difference.

Tim

Nicely said....I have the same feelings.

nen-bran

While the site was down for the upgrade, I learned that I have more "friends" on FAOL than I do here around me. You can ask my wife, I do not socialize very well so that means I do not have very many close friends here plus I have a tendency to not trust human beings. I enjoy being by myself and that is why I enjoy fly fishing and fly tying. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy having Jack here and I enjoy fishing with him. I just do not make a lot of real close friends. My job requires that I deal with a lot of people everyday and I love customer service and the feeling I get when I have helped someone, but, when I leave work, I really do not want to deal with anymore people. I also teach a fly tying class that I really enjoy. While FAOL was down, I felt like I had lost all contact with the world!! There are so many people on this site, that I look at several times each day, that all I am looking for is a post from them so that I can see how they are doing. I feel so "close" to a lot of people that I have never met and would not know if they walked into my office! It is such a strange and hard feeling to explain. We owe so much to JC and LF for providing this site for us and for maintaining this site so that it is something your children can view without worrying about what they may read or see. There are so many members that I would love to meet and spend some fishing time with, but, with work and the miles between us, I fear that may never happen and that makes me sad. FAOL is my daily "fix" that I need and must have each day to survive. Jim and Deanna, I love you both plus I love each and every member on FAOL.

You are all just plain great....thanks for being here...
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Warren,

I can totally relate to being a solitary type being...Mostly It is a job related deal for me to, That I've not been able to attend a fish-in or three...I'd dearly like to attend the MI atleast once...Who knows, Someday my luck may swing 180 degree's and make it possible.
    I'm pretty much on my own at work also..Don't even see my boss all that often! Which is fine by me..Just wish they paid more.
    Last edited by billknepp; 01-07-2008 at 11:00 PM.
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

I hear ya, harleybob. It would be great to meet up with some of the folks I meet on this forum. My experience has been only good. I think I've had to opportunity to fish with three different people I've met through FAOL. All class acts, by the way. Wouldn't it be cool to have and FAOL convention someday. You know, find a place that's centrally located and send out an invite for all to come. Anyway, chatting with folks online is better than nothing. I've gotten to know a few better than others and would welcome a day of fishing with them.

Warren, you've invited me on several occasions to fish with you. I'm going to do all I can to make it happen. Thanks for the invite.

Greg

nighthawk Guest

I, for one, do believe that someday we will meet on that beautiful shore in paradise. I think that Grubb is right, this site is a Godsend. Because of the Internet we probably know more about each other than people that meet face to face everyday. Why? There are things that we will put down as type on a screen that we are reluctant about putting into speech.

The folks of this board have gotten me through the worst times of my life. I am forever in their debt and the debt of this wonderful man that I have yet to "meet face to face":

Tomorrow RonS81 is coming down from Nashville to fish the Duck river with me. This will be the first time we've fished togather
    Then Thursday (weather allowing) EdD is coming down to fling some flies.
    Kaboom1 is entertaining thoughts of visiting soon too!
    I'm lucky to live in a place where you can fish year round.

Blog Entries

Hi Jack! If Kaboom1 makes it down, are you going to make him do all of the cooking?

I can see it now, the First Annual (Leader) Furlin' and (Fly) Flingin'. You saw it here, first. History in the planning. I wonder who's gonna win the first Chairman of the (Furling) Board prize.

Ed

Hey HarleyBob------do you ride a bike to go fishing? My XL1200 Sportster is my main fly fishin' machine. I also have VTX 1800 for long distance campingfishing trips with my young son. The Harley beats him up on a long haul.

Angry

Hey Jack.
    You just awakened me to another reason to (hate?) FAOL. Jealousy! All you people outside the snow zone braggin' about year-round fishin' and cook-outs and stuff. You just wait til' spring gets here, and I'll start floodin' these pages with pictures of high mountain lakes and streams, nestled between snow-capped peaks. All of them filled with eager trouts and such. Pictures of ten pound rainbows and browns. That'll larn ya'!
    Any fishin' in that pond just east of ya Jack? I'm just 20 minutes away from the South Fork of the Snake, and if it ever warms up again, I'm goin' over there and huck a streamer in there and see if anythings at home. So there!
    Yellowstone still beckons Jack. Idaho Fish-in's not far from there.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

+ Reply to Thread