+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fanny Packs out of style

Default Fanny Packs out of style

I didn't notice when fanny packs went out of style. There was a time when nearly everybody wore one. I pay little attention to whats in style.... a pair of jeans, a T or sweat shirt (depending on weather) and a comfortable pair of shoes is my basic wardrobe.
    If I don't plan to go anywhere I might put on a pair of Wally sweatpants. As my accessories have increased (cell phone, smokes, lighter, keys, sunglasses, fingernail clippers) I need some pockets. Sweatpants don't have pockets.
    The other day I was pressed into duty outside the home wearing sweatpants. Both hands full of stuff I headed out ..... "I gotta get a fanny pack"

I had a hard time finding one....Wally, KMart, Dollar General, Family Dollar, the Dollar Tree (I shop at the stores that carry the nice stuff).....Could not find a fanny pack.
    Finally I found one in a western wear store that had been marked down 3-4 times

I have freed my hands up when wearing sweats and am even less in style than before.

Sorry Jerry, you missed it
    Blackwell's Worst Dressed list came out this morning
    Victoria Beckham Tops Mr. Blackwell's Worst Dressed List of 2007

The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I need some pockets. Sweatpants don't have pockets.
    Actually I have a couple of pair of Wally sweat pants with front pockets in them. If you put too much in them, though, they try to migrate south.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

Quote Originally Posted by ol' blue View Post
    Actually I have a couple of pair of Wally sweat pants with front pockets in them. If you put too much in them, though, they try to migrate south.
    Yes...I actually meant no hip pocket. I don't like my billfold in my front pocket. And my belly is bigger than my butt so I've experienced "migrate south"

I think they went out of style around the same time leisure suits did...please....don't tell me.....

Quote Originally Posted by ol' blue View Post
    ol' blue,
    This Fanny Pack should solve that problem; http://www.yeoldearcheryshoppe.com/i...nny%20pack.jpg
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

I think LL Bean sells sweats with real pockets in them, styled a bit less like sweats and more like pants (with elastic cuffs, tho). Unfortunately, they run about $50. I have had a pair or two of similar pants in the past and loved em.

I have two fanny packs. One is a first aid kit/OS pack that I carry at work, and the other, still out of style, is a concealed carry pack for a pistol.

Most sporting goods stores still sell them, in the running section.

Dennis

I wear them for hunting, fishing and motorcycling. I never cared about style before and I won't start worrying about it now. If something works I'll use it.

Funny you should mention this....I just got one (fanny pack) last weekend at Gander Mtn...on close out!
    Carl

Every day above ground is a good day

Modoc Country.... Extreme N.E. California high desert
    Blog Entries

Style, Shmile............I drive a 20 year old truck, wear a 10year old hat, been gettin my hair cut the same way for 20 years, my cell phone don't have a camera and it when it rings, it rings, no cute little tune. I also wear sweats out in public sometimes, and suspenders on my reg'lar jeans so they don't migrate south. (see Jerry's comment)
    ......................................ModocDan

+ Reply to Thread