+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lousey Cabelas pricing policy

Default lousey Cabelas pricing policy

Here's the story and maybe it's just me venting.
    Got a e mail from Cabelas last week say that their CSR reels were on sale. I'd been looking at one for awhile and thought "hey an *$ reel for $59 is a good thing and to top it off I had a $10 coupon. So $49 for the reel. I live 20 from the local Cabelas so to avoid shipping I drive down. Ther are hundreds of these reels in stock and the clerk tells me they are discontinueing them so they want to move a ton. Every store has to move about 80 of each model. Now here's the kicker. The in store price is $69 and they will not match the onliine price. The clerk tells me to go home and order online. If I did that with shipping the total comes to $64. According to Cabelas Catalog and Store are two seperate entities and can set their own prices.
    Most other store I deal with will match on line priceing.
    Well that's my rant for the day. Oh yea I still have not bought a reel.

Smile

Cheffy,

Print off the copy of the online price. And take it into the store. They will match their online price as it is one company.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steve olson View Post
    Cheffy,

Print off the copy of the online price. And take it into the store. They will match their online price as it is one company.
    Bass Pro is lousy like that too. You have to print off the sale info from the Internet. All that this does is to alienate customers. It would be in their best interest to abstain from that, in the long term.

Ed

edd,

Starting in feb, you'll be able to order online and have it shipped to the store near you. Pick it up in the store and pay no shipping! And your right about printing. To be honest you do not have to print it off. The outfitter should have been able to look up the price and matched it.

Angry

It's a "Retail Runaround". As Ed and Steve said, print it out and take it in. While you are there, express your dissapointment to a Store Manager. Ask him/her if business is so good that they can afford to alienate people to the point where they shop someplace else...Good luck and Best Regards...
    Exploring the waters of western Montana...

Thanks guys,
    I just got off the phone with the manager. they are extending my coupon forever and the guy in the FF dept. is getting a chewing out. Bottom line is that he should have looked it up on the web and matched the price. I will start taking the printout with me if this ever happens again.

Had this have happened to me...I'd have politely asked them to check their computer records of my prior purchases, as I know from prior phone dealings that the list is rather long..and for the CS Rep. to find the item that was in question (And was still within 6 months of the 1 year total satisfaction warrenty). Was burried 7 pages back!..granted this was before the wife and kids....But after they got the light turned on...I'd have informed them that future order's from myself..Would NOT be going to them. Again..In a very calm and polite manner...I've never gotten to their store here in Hamburg PA as yet..But I sure am hoping too!...And once there....The prices better be as I know them to be after some online window shopping...That's just good business practice, In my book!.

I'm glad things did somewhat pan out..But I think they should ship you the reel and eat all shipping charges...after driving all the way there,To be told sorry Sir....
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

and this is the reason I don't shop cabela's anymore. This is mild compared to some of the horrer stories I could tell ya at my local store

Blog Entries

Darn! The CSR reels are being discontinued?! I have 3 of them and Love them! Thats to bad. It is a very nice reel. If you are still thinking about buying from them I would suggest you do it, I paid the 80 something$ and feel they are worth every penny and more.
    Chris
    "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."-Steven Wright
    http://fishiesonthefly.blogspot.com/

Default Pricing policy

Cheffy, And, on the other hand, Cabela's ( which is now about 15 miles from my home) treated me VERY well today. About 10 days ago I purchased a Magellen Maestro 4040 GPS there at $489 + tax. Yesterday I received two "Cabela's Bucks" coupons in the mail. With certain purchase restrictions, one was for $20 and the other was for $30. I brought in my receipt and was promptly credited with the $50 credit and as an added measure, another $15 for a coupon that was about to be mailed to me but apparently not yet delivered.
    I was first introduced to Cabela's at their original little Sydney Nebraska store and it's because of things like they did today, I remain a loyal customer.

Mark
    PS: I'm glad the manager exercised "better" judgment in your case

+ Reply to Thread