+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big men waders

Unhappy Big men waders

Does anybody know where to find waders for big men? Little guys have all the fun.

Jig;
    "How "big", as in "height, normal pants size/shoe size, etc.?
    Orvis, carries some larger sized waders, but only up so high. Other brands go bigger, but you need to size accordingly!?!
    All manufactures, have their own ideas, as to what "big man size" is.
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Modoc Country.... Extreme N.E. California high desert
    Blog Entries

Jig ; I'm what you call a jumbo fly fisherman. I found Hodgen waders (sock foot) to fit me quite well. They aren't neoprene, more of a nylon stuff. Very durable, I've used them two years so far with no tears. I'm a 3X shirt 46 waist(belly) They were right at $100 from GI Joes.......................ModocDan

Default waders

I have a 62 in chest 52 waist 13 shoe. And i have a small problem i'm 6ft1in tall
    and my inseam 29in or does the length matter.

Modoc Country.... Extreme N.E. California high desert
    Blog Entries

I'm certain my waders would fit ya Jig, Sounds like you block about the same amount of sun as I do. And my waders are very roomy. I'm gonna go get 'em out and PM ya with the numbers on "em. Then you can check Hodgen's website for 'em.......Dan

Normand Guest

simms may custom make them for ya but expect to pay a premium!

Jiggin I have the same problem as you it looks like. Except I wear a size 14 shoe and it seems like wader manufacturers think nobody wears above a 13. I got a pair of waders from Cabelas that stretch every place but the foot. By the end of the day my toes were a little sore. I finally quit wearing them. Mainly because I looked like a big old Bull Sea Lion laying on the beach. Now I wear a pair of old Red Ball hippers I have had for twenty years that don't hurt my feet.

Rocky

Default waders

Hippers sounds like the way to go. I don't want to get much deeper than that or deeper
    into my wallet.

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jiggin View Post
    Hippers sounds like the way to go. I don't want to get much deeper than that or deeper
    into my wallet.

Take a serious look at these:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=291959

That's about 20 bucks cheaper than I paid for the same wader a Wal-Mart two years ago!

There is a company called Bare (canadian company I think) Waders made by the Fitzwright Company in Langley British Columbia -that will custom make neoprene waders for you. I am 6'6 and the local sporting good store carried their line. Several guys in my duck club are short and stocky and couldn'tt find waders that fit until they found Bare. They had waders made for them and are very satisfieid. Mine have been fine.

The salemsman at the sporting goods store took all kinds of measurements, called them into the factory and I had them in about 4 weeks. Price was more than off the shelf; however, nothing off the shelf ever fit me.

I don't know what to tell you if you want gortex type stuff-- call directly to Simms and see what they have to say.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Orthoman; 01-04-2008 at 03:06 AM. Reason: more information on company

+ Reply to Thread