+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glad Christmas is over!

Default Glad Christmas is over!

Don't get me wrong I love Christmas and all the fun and reflection that goes with it.
    But if any has to 'deal with the public' as I do, you know the Holidays can just suck. Folks, lighten up on people in the 'service industries'. Their job is tough enough dealing with the public without even more stress! That means ANYONE that has to deal with you as a customer. Just be nice.

nighthawk Guest

Brother I feel your pain. After many, many years in the customer service industry I finally got away from it. I have been a federal employee for just over 4 years now and I love it! I got to work, do my job, go home and work until retirement.

Not to depress you further but Eastern Orthodox Christmas does not end until the 6th of January. The season starts on December 25th and runs for 12 days, The 12 Days Of Christmas. http://www.cresourcei.org/cy12days.html

Anyway, Happy New Year bud!

This is our first day back from the Holidays and I can't believe the difference in people. They are just so nice today. It's simply amazing.

who is eastern orthodox?

Quote Originally Posted by mnklagoon View Post
    who is eastern orthodox?
    A bunch of folks living in Northeast Pennsylvania; especially those living in the coal regions. Eastern Europeans settled in the area as did the Irish before them to work the anthracite mines and they brought their religion with them. Those churches with the "onion tops" and the crooked crosses are usually the Eastern Orthodox churches.

People of Lithuanian, Russian, and Ukrainian heritage among others are those that celebrate "Russian Christmas" as my in-laws call it which is based on the old Julian calendar which makes Russian Christmas the 7th of January.

I am glad that Christmas & December is over!
    Looking forward to a peaceful January!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

i guess its just im a rarity in mississippi lol. i attend a russian orthodox church

BBWulff;
    I'm happy to at least know, you made it through "another battle field-called Christmas Time"!! "Been there, done that", many years ago. So, sad, to hear it hasn't changed a bit.

But, people's attitudes, their rudeness, their "me-first-me-always" ways of acting and treating others, during the Holiday Season, is of course all stress related.......... and all because of the over commercialization of Christmas itself and what it truly means to people anymore. NOT WHAT IT SHOULD MEAN........... but what IT DOES MEAN, to people. Really sad, I'm glad you survived it!

(as far as "Orthodox", I think they make some GREAT products, besides a really good bleach!)
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default Christmas still to come.

I happen to be Ukrainian and of the Eastern Rite Catholic persuasion.(First generation in the US- legal too) We too celebrate Christmas on January 6th but that day is reserved for the traditional mass, family gathering, meal of 12 courses ( meatless) . In order not to dilute the meaning of Christmas, there is a "St. Nicholas- gift exchanging day on December 19 th. Needless to say, because of our extended family, it's becoming more difficult to maintain tradition BUT , for now, we try. Of course , for the grandkids, December 25 is/was STILL the day.

Mark

marco;
    may i be the first to wish you a Merry Christmas!

+ Reply to Thread