+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Portland, Oregon Fly Fishing Show

Default Portland, Oregon Fly Fishing Show

Looks like the Portland, Oregon Fly Fishing Show has been cancelled until next year. Bummer.

http://www.flyfishingshowwest.com/ I wonder why it says "postponed" instead of canceled?
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

3. Default

Maybe it has something to do with AFFTA??

Blog Entries

Copied and pasted from the website.

-Postponed-
    The most challenging aspect of producing The fly Fishing Show is finding a perfect facility and the best show dates. At best, the desirable convention halls have one weekend and sometimes none open in the winter show months. So a show has little control and must take what is available. That?s what happened for 2008 in Portland. The weekend we had in 2007 was not open in 2008 because someone had booked it before we even had our first show. Unfortunately, after the only weekend available in 2008 was accepted and contracted, I found out that the same weekend the long running O?Loughlin sportsmen show was also taking place.
    I didn?t have any opportunity to change my dates. This week, after several negotiations I was able to forward my deposit from 2008 to a new and better date in 2009! Since I was able to change our future show date in 2009 to January 24th & 25th, I?m sure our event will be better for everyone without the conflicting weekend against the sportsmen show. So for 2008 the show will postponed until our better time slot in 2009. Sorry for this inconvenience, but it will be better to have a stronger show in 2009 and not a smaller show in 2008. I hope you?ll be able to attend another of our west coast shows and look forward to seeing you in Portland in 2009.

Sincerely,

Chuck Furimsky
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Well, Bellvue, is not too far. Sweetstreams. Might hook up with M Moose to do a road trip and fish too.

Normand Guest

it probably wont be long before he cancels the fly fishing show in marlboro, mass, if his show continues to be a total rehash year after year after year. its the the same old exhibitors bringing in the same old stuff they couldnt get rid of the year before. the same old programs just reshuffled to different days. this guy needs to rethink his shows a bit more than he does. needs to get revitalized.

Any of you Oregon folks that come up for the show on Saturday, VEE and I will be wandering around looking for any bargains to be had. Look for a long haired pudgy guy wearing a brown Stetson. Oh yeah, I'll be with a very attractive woman who loves bamboo rods.

REE

Oregonians don't forget the Northwest Fly Tyer and Fly Fishing Expo. http://www.nwflytyerexpo.com/

It's always great.

REE;
    You'd be EASIER to "spot" (if I can make the show), IF you wore your "HRM Betty Supplied-FAOL Hat"!?! And, by the way, what's "a very attractive girl that loves bamboo", doing... hanging out with you? The poor lady!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Smile Idaho Falls

Speaking of shows. One of the best is in Idaho Falls on April 18 and 19.
    Great show, free admission.
    The website is srcexpo.com/. The website shows last year's program. I have been told it will be updated sometime after their organizational meeting on Feb. 7.
    Po

+ Reply to Thread