+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have I got the deal for you!!

Default Have I got the deal for you!!

Thoughts of this have ruminated around in my head for years! Now is the time that it might come forth and be useful ? See what you think!

A Fly Anglers On Line cap is something we've spoken of, and at one time, someone actually started, but never followed through with. This time it's a reality. I had the design digitized and put to the cap test ... I like it!! Moreover, JC and LF do too!!!

Right now with the costs of a new server, and changing everything over to it, expenses are running high for our courageous leaders. I will offer my services to sending anyone who wants one, an "Official" FAOL cap, with all proceeds, beyond my expenses, donated to JC and LF.

The cap, with the embroidery, costs about $9.50. With the box coming free from the USPS, and shipping at about $5.00, that'd be about $14.50 cost. I?d like to advantage about $15.00 to $20.00 per cap. But anything above that would be welcomed!!

So ? what do you think?!?

I'm not set up for credit cards, or pay pal, or any other fancy thing. Just a plain old check, made out to me (I'm trusting), and I'll have your cap embroidered and sent on its' way.

Hugs to each and all!
    Betty Hiner
    21301 West 123rd Court
    Olathe, Kansas 66061
    Last edited by Betty Hiner; 12-31-2007 at 02:04 PM.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Great idea Betty and it looks like a nice hat, too. Are you saying that $20 will cover the cost of the hat and also a small donation to the site?

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Mondo awesome betty. Man does that hat look nice. I am going to go to the bank and get some of that cheap US cash to send you so I can have one of those nice looking hats. Thank you so much for doing this for us. I will send a little extra for Superman and His lovely wife.

Are they all going to be the same color? That would make it easier to spot faolers on stream if you knew what color of hat to shoot at .....er I mean look for.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

don't know about the shooting part!!

Yep, they're all the same color (very fashionable to have the printing blend with the cap bill!!), should be able to spot fellow FAOLers. Have no idea till I can get to the PO tomorrow, what it'll cost to ship to the Northern reaches, but I'm planning on International shippings too!!

Lastchance ... the cap and shipping will cost ME about $15.00, anything above that will go to LF and JC to help cover the cost of the new server. so if you send 20.00, 15.00 will cover my actual cost, and 5 will go to the site.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Betty,

Put me down for two, can't have a piece of fishing gear that VEE doesn't have.

Great Idea.

REE

Blog Entries

I never thought about the extra for shipping to Canada, I will toss a bit more in.

Betty a thought I had was that maybe a special catagory of friends of faol would receive both a hat and a patch for a specific amount say $50.00.

Also How about a lifetime guarantee for a more expensive version of the hat. That way if the bill got crushed in the car door or you lost the little button on the top you would send it in to be repaired for a small fee. That way although you paid more than four times the normal price of a cap you would never have to worry about damage to the rod......er I mean cap. Its just good marketing.

Don't know about the Special friends cap/patch thing ...

but I will tell you what... if the hat is damaged beyond wearability return it to me, and for a mere $15.00 I'll replace it! plus postage. How's that sound?

Betty I want to look as sexy as the rest of the FAOLers so I will get a check in the mail in the next day or two.

Wooo Hoooo Saint Karen always said I was a sucker for a club that has a hat, or uni, or a bag LOL. Hey what about a jacket?
    Remember we all live down stream

Blog Entries

A fishing hat beyond wearability doesn't exist IMO. ha ha

Well ... ummmm ... yes ... that's sort of what I had in mind!!

Ohhhhh ... a jacket? Send me the jacket, and I'll get the logo put on the left front!!

+ Reply to Thread