+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Member.... "J. Castwell"!?

Default New Member.... "J. Castwell"!?

WELCOME, "Host J.Castwell"!!
    Just noticed at the bottom of the forums page, that you are "FAOL's newest member"!?!
    Gee, are you just starting out in fly fishing? Have you, ever fly fished? Do you tie your own flies, or wish to learn how to?
    Well, you've CERTAINLY "come to the right place", if any of the above, is what you're interested in!!
    This site isn't "one of the best, on the www... IT IS THE BEST, on the www!
    Great people, lots of fun, really nothing you can't learn here in some fashion or another.
    It's more a "family of fly fishers", than it is a "group of fly fishers". Everyone helps every one else.
    My only slight warning might be.. "Watch out for a member named "J.C."!!
    He's a really nice person, don't get me wrong. But SOMETIMES, here lately, because of a "fame and fortune issue", he's trying to deal with he can get sort of "touchy" about certain issues.
    But, for the most part, he's tolerable. And, if you DO run into him and have a problem, simply send a PM to "LF" and she'll straighten him right out, in no time flat!
    Anyway, welcome to FAOL! Hope you stick around!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Talking

JC,
    Welcome to the BB!!! Please fill out your Profile, especially if you plan on trying to sell anything of the FS Board. Don't worry, we won't attack you until you do something that violates our pet peeves.
    Thanks!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Welcome J Castwell Junior Member.
    As a GnuBee member you will be wise to check out the Fly-fishing Basics and Fly Tying sections on the left hand side of the home page. A great way to get started in the sport of fly fishing .
    Then check out Features also found on the left hand side of the page.

One of the premier sections of this great website is found by clicking on Al Campbell . Here you will find simply outstanding information and advice from a truly great individual. Sadly we lost our great Friend and teacher a while back, but his teachings and quiet humour live on in the articles and pictures he left for us all to enjoy. You can do no better than to read thru that section.
    After you get a further taste of what is in store for you by cruising the Bulletin board you will be ready to meet even more new friends by checking into the Chat room. Always great people on there with lots of laughs and stellar information. We encourage everyone to come into the chat. We can be found there every evening telling tales and spreading Excess Bovine Excreta in all directions so wear your waders.
    A great bunch of friends just enjoying the sport.
    So as long as you mind your manners, obey the few sensible rules of conduct you will in no time at all consider this website we call FAOL an important part of your family.
    If your casting resembles a swinging storm shutter in a hurricane you can come to one of our Fish Ins where you can receive some needed corrective instruction taught by some very capable people. It is sure to improve your stroke and distance.
    Above all else Enjoy the site!

PS Don't worry about what Dshock said. He used to keep a pet Lert but since its untimely departure he now keeps several peeves as pets and is very protective of them.
    Last edited by Gnu Bee Flyer; 12-30-2007 at 08:56 AM.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Gnu Bee,
    A "Lert?" Anyway JC, here is our Welcome Wagon! ; http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thu...come_wagon.jpg
    If you guess what is in those barrels, then your officially a member!
    Doug P.S. It was imported all the way from Hamburg.
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Doug;
    All this time and I never had any idea what you drove to work each day!?!
    Now, I know!! Nice set of wheels, how's the mileage?
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Smile

Paul,
    To be "Politically Correct" It's Bio-Diesel in them thar barrels!
    Here is the Recipe for the Bio-Diesel! The Gov. of Calee-fonia is pushing it!

I'll Be "BOCK"

Description:

This is a dopplebock that needs to be lagered for about 8 weeks. It fermented out nicely at 48-50f.we'll see what happens.
    Size:
    • 2 1/2 gallon
    Ingredients:
    • 5 lbs. 2-row
    • 1 1/4 oz. chocolate malt
    • 1 2/3 lb. munich
    • 1/4 oz. northern brewers
    • 1/2 oz. Hallertaur
    • Wyeast 2206 Bavarian yeast starter 1 quart
    • 1/2 tsp irish moss
    • 2 1/2 Tbs. corn sugar
    • 1/4 tsp. polyclar

+ Reply to Thread