+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Check this out DUCKSTERMAN

Default Check this out DUCKSTERMAN

The new 2008 models are out! It looks like the whole bottom inflates meaning more weight capacity. Different oar system...
    I have one of the cloth seats already (had it on my Cardiac). I might try not inflating the back rest and try the cloth seat.
    I am concerned that this new oar system is so close to the tube itself and wonder how easy it is to row. I know Dave test everything himself so it must work. Plus the back is more blunt
    What do you think?

Thanks, FG...
    Checked it out in their catalog just now....
    I like the more blunt back...the bladders may fit better...and it seems smoother...
    The oarlocks confuse me a little ....I like what appears to be easier storage along the pontoons....looks like the paddles can be front or back...

Does the cloth seat allow for an inflated backrest?

Interesting but I need motor mount capability.

Dave has definitely done it again! The cloth seats are awesome. They have two metal braces up each side of the back to give it form but they can lay flat. I put it on my Cardiac after making the deck so I could stand on my boat without straddling the plastic seat.
    I am sure it would work with the Navi seat.
    The oars on the Navi should go either direction?! I have run with mine straight out, specially if the water is could and I wanna get my feet out of the water. I steer with the oars.
    This Outlaw looks awesome though. I bet you could keep stuff dry in the back and you will be sitting much higher. I put a couple of carpet patches on my seat (the ones we stand on to put our boots on). We forgot to put them back in the truck when we went and parked it so I just threw them on the seat. I really liked that! No sliding around and sat a tad higher.

One thing I noticed on this one.....where do you stick the motor through?
    I do know he is going with the bladderless tubes now so his boats will go up in price, but they will be lighter.

Looks to me like the Outlaw doesn't accommodate a motor

I'm talking about storing the oars when not in use on the NAVII.... I haven't gotten around to figuring out a convenient simple clamping system....looks like the Outlaw has one.

I usually steer with a flipper.....

Got ya. You got the shelf also didn't you? If so, we went to Sportsmen's Warehouse and found these Hook things. It is cloth liker burlap with velcro at one end and a 1" wide flat strip of metal bent into a hook at the other. We thread it through the hole in the side of the shelf and velcro it shut. The hook part is big enough to hold the blades easily. I will do some searching to see if I can find them or I will take a picture of them so you can see.

Thanks, Joni

Okay, They are put out by Outcast and I found this: http://www.outcastboats.com/outcastboats/boatacc.shtml
    They are in the bottom left corner for $14. Not a great picture, but they made the blade transparent. It is cloth with velcro so you can put them anywhere.

Dear Joni,

Only $ 1600 for a kick boat with genuine plastic kiddie oars?

Hot diggity dog, where do I sign up and can I get two or three?

You should post a picture of the $ 2400.00 boat that has a standing platform. That should be the clincher for sceptics.

Scadden has officially gone mad.

Best Wishes,
    Avalon

Interesting but I need motor mount capability.[/quote]

Ducksterman;
    I can't tell, by Joni's picture, as to to actual height/angle of the rear of this new craft, but I wonder if something like Sevlor's universal motor mount, would work?
    Looks like, also, if it DID that you may need an extension, between you and the motor's tiller. (Just an "eye-deer", I, also, have to use a motor on my 'Toon).

Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The bad boy of the boat world"!
    I gotta agree with Avalon, I think Scadden has officially gone mad.
    I must say I do like my Skykomish Sunrise but the 08 catalog is a little far out there.

+ Reply to Thread