+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Difficulty logging on to the bulletin board

Question Difficulty logging on to the bulletin board

I don't know if anyone else is having the problem, but when on the home page and selecting Bulletin Board I get a lengthy message that says the B.B. is being worked on. In any case I can't get on from the home page using Firefox as my browser. In order to get on I go to the drawing and by trying to register for the next drawing I get an option to go to the bulletin board. That seems to be the workaround for me at this time, but if others get that message, they may just try again at a later time and continue to get the same message, so it may be worthwhile to have instructions on the Home page as to how to get to the bulletin board without selecting Bulletin Board.
    Better Loops & Singing Reels
    Lee

B-Loops;
    I, also, use Firefox and had sort of the same problem.
    I finally figured out, that it was because I was going to FAOL, using the SAME, old, bookmark I'd always used. Which, of course, as bookmarks DO...........it brought up the pre-loaded page, from when FAOL was being worked on.
    I dumped the bookmark, reentered http://www.flyanglersonline.com into my address bar, hit it and when the page came up, again, I re-bookmarked it and all was well!
    Just something, you might try!?!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

flybinder,

You're a genius! I used your link provided and then set that as my home page. No more problems - except the fact I lost my signature. That one I can fix now that I'm in the right direction to get going again.

I wonder how many times I went to the old link just to get the board in repair message in the last few days? I too use FireFox, can't see any reasom anyone would use IE it is so antiquated - even IE7!

Dump cache. We are on a new server machine with a new 'address' in a different company in another state. Dump the old; install the new.

Happy it worked for you, too, PanFisher! I, also, agree about "Firefox, over even IE7".

But, even with your hardware set for "load newest version of current page", (which should automatically do, what I suggested you do, manually), in Firefox, I've learned, that it doesn't ALWAYS do it! Thus, it sounded in your post, that's what was happening!!

By the way, Panfish.......PLEASE, be more careful with that "genius", stuff though, would you please?? Not only do I have a reputation to uphold, (and "genius" could ruin it!), but did you notice HOW QUICKLY, JC got on here, after you called me one??
    See, PanFish, JC's been sort of "down" lately because he can't find an endorsement deal for his rightfully earned famous name and reputation. So, when he even "sniffs out" someone using words like "genius" or "other worldly", etc.,the poor guy thinks some one's looking for HIM, again, even if they're not. He's such a great guy, too, it's kinda sad!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

This thread makes feel much less silly! as I too may have been back much sooner had I thought to re bookmark..But Ron's message had been updated so I just kept waiting patiently....I did not even know I could do that!!!!

Anyone else have little white boxes to the left of this screen where smilies should be????. This one still intrigue's me...
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Bill,

You think it makes you feel silly! I am "Manager - Technical Support" and it took me how long to catch on?

+ Reply to Thread