+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it illegal?

Blog Entries

Default Is it illegal?

Just curious, but is it against the law for an angler to smile or show any emotion while posing with a fish for a photo? I run into this all the time. A buddy will catch a nice fish and wants of photo of it. I'll grab my camera and he's almost frowning. It's the most stoic look you'd ever want to see.

While aiming the camera, I'll ask, "Hey, are you pissed off that you caught that beautiful fish?" That usually elicits and big grin.
    Steve

Default Re: Is it illegal?

Pride is one of the seven deadly sins.

Perhaps your friend is just modest.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I've noticed that too..I also notice the great lengths people go to disguise the spot where they caught the fish. One I saw someone photoshoped themselves in front of the eiffel tower holding the fish. Kinda funny really.

Perhaps the folks you photo with the large fish need to do what I do ...you drink enough ,fish or not its all smiles!!!!

A friend of mine sent me a photo he took of me at a remote desert reservoir used by cattle...he had photoshopped away all the cow pies lining the bank and covered the bank with petunias....worse than the pies

Modoc Country.... Extreme N.E. California high desert
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneFly

That's true Marty, but Joy isn't. I'll vote for Joy over Pride, and try to smile if I catch another fish.
    .............Probably smile in amazement...............................Dan
    "Fishin' will get you through a day of no Whisky better than Whisky will get you through a day of no Fishin' "

Ever notice, however, that WOMEN almost ALWAYS SMILE, when having their picture taken with a fish they've caught?
    Why?
    Well, probably, it's because of our insane, inane, stupid and wasteful "male ego", to be perfectly honest!

It seems, that "if a man smiles, with his caught fish, shot bear,freshly killed deer........... then he just MIGHT "slip up and let the world know he's secretly tickled to death at his accomplishment".
    But, if we men FROWN, or show no indication of emotion, other then perhaps, "stoic boredom" then our male egos are staying in tact and we're telling the world, "Oh, it's no big deal, really........ I catch fish-shoot game-etc. like this every day and so often, that one more picture merely bores me to death!"

Funny, really, how that seems to work out, but it none the less seems to more often than not.
    Unfortunately, it seems that "we men that engage in outdoor sports", are always seemingly, putting on the biggest, most somber, baddest, "He-Man attitude" we can possibly muster. And, if we DID SMILE, "because we're happy catching that 24" brown", someone just MIGHT "get the impression that we're enjoying ourselves and are happy about it"!??!
    Heaven forbid....... we'd no longer, be "MEN"!!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not me I smile like a freak!! I tricked a fish!! . Now if you can get the fish to smile then that's really something.

Quote Originally Posted by modocdan
    Quote Originally Posted by TyroneFly

That's true Marty, but Joy isn't. I'll vote for Joy over Pride, and try to smile if I catch another fish.
    .............Probably smile in amazement...............................Dan
    Dan, Good word choice. Joy, I like that! We should smile for our fishy photos. Kids sure do. As adults we should learn to loosen up and let out joy show.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

You know what? I just looked back at a bunch of picture of me, my wife, and various fish. I looked pleased in all of the pictures and appeared to be enjoying the experience, but you're right, I was nearly never really smiling. My wife on the other hand is grinning like the Cheshire Cat in every single picture and seems to be having the time of her life. I'd never really noticed that before.

Speaking of smiling fishes, this was the topper on our wedding cake:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/IMGP0716.jpg
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

+ Reply to Thread