+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guides, White River, AR

Default Guides, White River, AR

Hi all. Planning a couple of days on the White Rivr in AR (fly fishing-trout)in October and will need a quality guide. Can anyone make recommendations? We really want a guide who knows his fly fishing and no live bait or stink bait. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
    Crackleback

Crackleback... go to Flyfishingarkansas.com. There are a bunch of them there.

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

See if Dale Fulton is still guiding around there. An incredible knifemaker and an awesome guide. One of the people that I still remember his name after twenty years, that I only spent a couple of days with. Some people just stick in your memory.

Crackelback:

I guide the White and Norfork rivers. If you'd like to book a trip fell free to drop me an email at flyfishar@hotmail.com. The [url=http://www.flyfishingarkansas.com:6ef3f]www.flyfishingarkansas.com[/url:6ef3f] is my website. October is a busy month. Try to contact me as soon as you can.

John Wilson

------------------
    [url=http://www.flyfishingarkansas.com:6ef3f]http://www.flyfishingarkansas.com[/url:6ef3f]

Theres a bunch of good guides down there. John Gulley, Davy Wotton, Duane Hada, Don Adams, Clint Wilkerson, and John Wilson are some of the best. October and November are busy months down there so you will need to book your trip soon. Cheers.

My thanks to all who responded re: Guides, White River. Really appreciate the good input.
    Crackleback (Bob A)

Crackleback... I just remembered one thing. If you plan on coming down in October, the Conclave will be going on. It will be the weekend of Oct 6-8. Like the others have said... get your guide trip scheduled now, especially if that's the timeframe you're coming down.

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

maddog, thanks again. Know its busy then and even mid Sept would work for me. Appreciate your input.
    Crackleback (Bob A)

Crackleback, Marc Oakes and Jim (JimmyT) Traylor are also a couple of great guides for the White. Great guys too. You can get hold of both of them at the site mentioned above by maddog.

------------------
    These are the idle thoughts that posses a man's mind when he's not able to fish.

+ Reply to Thread