+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite streamside snack

Default Re: Favorite streamside snack

When I don't take Cheez Its, I like to take pepperoni, cheese and Trisquits. For libations I like a thermos of black coffee kept in the car, and a flask of Black Velvet kept in the vest. The latter used only when the first fish is caught, or an attitude adjustment if no fish are caught.
    When I Christen a new rod, a pull of the cork is in order as is a splash of Canada's finest on the cork handle.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

smoked oysters!
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Blog Entries

None, I have this problem of forgetting to eat because I want to keep fishing
    Chris
    "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."-Steven Wright
    http://fishiesonthefly.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries

I usually have a couple of granola bars and some water in my truck for the end of the trip. When I'm fishing, I usually could care less about food and drink.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Flyandtie1
    None, I have this problem of forgetting to eat because I want to keep fishing
    Youth is wasted on the young!

Envy is a bad thing

Jeff
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

I'm paranoid about getting sick, so I bring food that won't go bad on me. Usually peanut butter and jam and some fruit. Plus water.

Most of the time i'm having such a good time that I forget to eat.

Trout on a green stick over open fire

standstall

Ray already nailed mine...Slim Jims & jerky!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Grapes . . . a little sweet, somewhat filling, moist enough to help stave of thirst, etc, and so forth

Hard to beat

I hate, to "scare" whoever posted "I'm paranoid about getting sick, so I always take peanut butter.......etc."
    Well, depending on it's oil content, good 'ol P-butter CAN,(but, not ALWAYS), turn VERY, VERY, bad, (and, depending on the outside temps, too), in about 6 hours!
    ANYWAYYYYYY, sorry!! That post, just caught my eye!

Now, for "Stream Side Epicurean Delights".............. "Bishop and I, have been fishing together for so long, now, that we know what the other needs, and/or, will want, when out on the water for the day. So, whoever "hits the store", before the other one does, we'll fill up our "rations bag" and we'll be all set.
    Neither, one of us, "get to excited or involved" when fishing that we'll not stop and eat. We don't "eat on a set schedule", especially if a hatch is on, but we do, eventually, take a few breaks throughout the day to eat something. The river, lake, or stream, isn't going anywhere if we stop and eat and the fish enjoy the lull in the action also, we figure!

It's become purely "unheard of", NOT to stop on the away out, to eat a hot breakfast. "Ham & Eggs, (over easy), wheat toast and jam w/hashbrowns". Black coffee to wash it down. Bishop, the same, except bacon, not, ham. After that, though, we're "on our own" for food. "Cherry Mountain Bars-Teriyaki/ Pepperoni Sticks and Barqs Root Beer", make up a mid-morning snack. If location and regs permit it, "A roasted Trout or three", for lunch". If not the trout, then it's usually "eating handfuls of "Gorp", as we sit and rest the water and ourselves. Later, in the afternoon, we're usually ready for; "Cheddar(Sharp), Cheeze Whiz on Oreo cookies", again, with the Barqs Root Beer, and any remaining Mountain Bars, and/or, the pepperoni sticks.

Since we're, both, "GOOD" coffee fiends/addicts, and I roast my own beans, we're NEVER without at least 3 thermoses of something I've roasted, the day before. That's consumed, all day long though.

On the return trip, home, it's either the largest and greasiest burger we can find, with malts and fries, or, we'll split a large pizza, of some sort. Naturally, because by then, "It's after five", we switch from the Barqs, to straight Pepsi, and, always on the rocks!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

+ Reply to Thread