+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most expensive rod on earth

Default Most expensive rod on earth

In an Orvis gifts catalog, I ran across a limited addition Orvis Flea bamboo rod outfit (with a Vom Hofe reel) for the meager sum of $8,500. The rod alone was only $3,950. Now I know it's not my money that someone would be spending on this, but...wow! I could get a Model 21 fully engraved S/S for that. Not that I could/would buy that either. And I already know your $39 Wal Mart rod is just as good. I was just curious how expensive they can go. Might make a fun thread.

BTW the rod has a down locking reel seat. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Even if it is hand polished and engraved nickel silver.

Godspeed,

Bob Bolton

Default Re: Most expensive rod on earth

Well, there ya go... Had me all excited,,, then ya dropped the bomb; down-locking. RATS, no deal!

Blog Entries

Chris
    "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."-Steven Wright
    http://fishiesonthefly.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell
    Well, there ya go... Had me all excited,,, then ya dropped the bomb; down-locking. RATS, no deal!

Maybe they'll give you a discount .

Found the Most Expensive Lure! http://nexus404.com/Blog/2007/10/05/...-fishing-lure/
    Only ONE Million!!!

JC,
    While I was searching for the most expensive rod, I noticed Amazon has the Roland Martin Fogo Rocket Rod on SALE!!!! You can quit using your Ron Popeil Pocket Fisherman!! SWEET!!!
    Amazon even found ONE Good Review!!! WOW!!
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

St. Croix Legend Ultra? Series/Cabela's SLA Fly Combo @Cabelas. approx. $500. You could buy a closet full of different weights and lengths, for the price of one these babies. ZOIKS! Of course you can buy a barn full of Chevys for the price of a Lamborghini.

Bob,
    I've stated this before in another reference but what the heck " when Helios freezes over". That was referring to $800 fishin poles. BUT I view THIS rod from a different perspective. This rod is a collectors edition , concept Orvis has done very well with. I would sooner ( providing the "Helios" scenario ) buy this rod as an investment into my "estate" than the $800 rod for fishing.

Mark

"Discount". Forgot all about that. Me being a big celebrity and such, Orvis gives me things for next to nuthin'. I wonder if they are cheaper in volume?
    Seriously, I hope those who can afford rods in that range get much pleasure from ownership and perhaps use too. I have a couple of 'nice' rods, and by no means are they in those classes, but I do enjoy owning them and also using them. It just feels good to have some nice stuff sometimes.

I read some place that an orignal "Paul Bunyun" Bamboo Fly Rod is worth over 30 grand If you can find one....I think that is well beyond the limits of any orvis rod .....Think I read it in Michael Sinclair's Bamboo Rod Restoration Handbook...But can't say for certian....
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

WAIT!
    Ya' mean, you DON'T use a Pocket Popeil for tossing Muddlers? No wonder, you can't buy Ron's rods in various line weights!?
    Although, SOMEONE must like those crazy things, because a friend of mine just sold an "original", (he'd had since it was given to him as a gift, 22 years ago), for $103.00 on eBay. And, yet, they're still on the shelves!?
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

+ Reply to Thread