+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do you tie those darn things?

Blog Entries

Default how do you tie those darn things?

classic salmon flies. ive been trying to tie a few and they looked pretty nice but i was looking at the flies on some other sites and they looked AMAZING. especially amazing compared to mine. ive been looking on FAOL and it has some but not the step by step process. so does anyone know of any place online where you can learn to tie them? i tried my hand at a Popham but i had very few of the ingrediants so it didnt work out too well. so if anyone wants to do one of them for FOTW or just direct me to a place where you can learn to tie them, it would be much appreciated.
    also i am not asking for a tutorial on the BB because they have been banned.

Default Re: how do you tie those darn things?

Normand Guest

if you want to see a full dress salmon fly being tied please go to:

http://www.jpdessaigne.com/ then click on "les montages" in the upper left. on the next page click on "mouch a saumon". scroll down to the second set of fotos which are in english.

the site is mostly written in french. explore this site. lots of salmon and trout flies.

Quote Originally Posted by DDRRedneck500
    I didn't realize tutorials have been banned. Is there another place we can post them besides as flies of the week?

Normand Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RCream
    Quote Originally Posted by DDRRedneck500
    I didn't realize tutorials have been banned. Is there another place we can post them besides as flies of the week?

apparently not!!

well, i am tying a jock scott right now, go to fly tying forum .com. there are lots of turoriols there.we will all be glad to help you. here is a link, and a pic of a fly i tied latley.
    http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.p...9&showforum=35
    http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=29756

personally, i have gotten more help there, just because that forum specializes on certain things, this is the first time i have visited this forum in over a month, and i post around 10 times on the other. enjoy.

What seems to be the problem with sending tutorials in for the fly of the week? You want to post them on the BB but not send them in so they stay up? You only want them seen by a few people?

I wonder if all the folks know that these threads/strings are eventually deleted....not to mention that if you clean out photobucket or whatever web host you use the picture is no longer in the thread/string.

You can also try John McLain's site - www.feathersmc.com

Joe

Be sure to check out Ronn Lucas website at http://www.ronnlucassr.com/. Ronn Lucas recently took over Ron Reinhold hooks. These are hand made hooks of the highest caliber. Ronn is a skilled and talented tool maker as well as an Atlantic Fly Tyer. He now makes the hooks Ron Reinhold once did. These hooks are prized by Atlantic Fly Tyers. You can read more about it on Ronn's website and I beleive there is a write-up here about it as well. May be JC or the others can point you to the article.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread