+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prams

Default Prams

Joe's inquiry into jon boats, got me to thinking about prams. Anyone fishing out of one? I was thinking of getting one instead of a toon, but they are not very popular here in the Midwest. Or at least I have been uable to find a dealer.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Blog Entries

Default Re: Prams

If you are interested in making a pram during the cold winter, here is a site for a Portuguese Style Dinghy. A friend of mine build his, and he uses it to fish lakes. Steve really likes his boat.

http://personal.eunet.fi/pp/gsahv/dinghy1/simboii.htm

Another friend bought himself a plastic type pram that is light weight and fits into the back of his Suburban. He really likes fishing from it and he had a pontoon boat prior to buying the pram.

Clackacraft makes a pram style drift boat. I have fished out of two styles, one was a shorter craft, and almost just like a regular pram and the other was a larger craft that you could stand up in, with leg braces.

Larry
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club

Move this to the Watercraft Forum!...................................
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

But do they really float that well, and they don't seem to have much room...

rubberbabybuggybumper
    rubberbabybuggybumper
    rubberbabybuggybumper
    rubberbabybuggybumper
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

You may also do well to check out http://www.jemwatercraft.com Can build Kayaks,Canoes just about anything you'd like... The P-Row may fit well with what your thinking.
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

"You must not be too greedy in catching your said game (fish), as in taking too much at one time...That could easily be the occasion of destroying your own sport and other men's also." Juliana Berners (1450)

A buddy of mine and I have been thinking of perhaps reviving the old coracles especially for pond fishing, where canoes might be too long and cumbersome. Might be an idea for you. JGW

I had one in my "fleet" that I fished for several years. It was 9'x42" and beat up BAD. However, it was easy to get in/out of the truck/water, rowed nicely and was stand up stable. I caught allot of fish out of that boat! Sold it (stupid of me) when I completed a cedar strip copy winter project. (which eventually got sold as well. ) Hmm, I need another!

Quote Originally Posted by white43
    A buddy of mine and I have been thinking of perhaps reviving the old coracles especially for pond fishing, where canoes might be too long and cumbersome. Might be an idea for you. JGW

JGW

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a coracle?
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

+ Reply to Thread