+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A day On Idaho's Lochsa River - Joe Hyde

Blog Entries

Default A day On Idaho's Lochsa River - Joe Hyde

For anyone who hasn't yet read it I recommend you read Joe's article . He takes you to the Lochsa in words and pictures so that you feel that you too were there fishing that wonderful stream. Plus you can laugh at him for falling in which is a nice bonus to the story. ha ha

Joe here's a picture to add to your Lochsa memories. hahahaha

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d132/ ... IM1190.jpg

Ps. for folks that weren't there Joe described his day following Ken, dan and Bob around as something akin to the Batan death march. All tougue in cheek of course. I just happened by while Joe was drying out and the boys were having a quick lunch.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Default Re: A day On Idaho's Lochsa River - Joe Hyde

Mighty fine read there, Joe. Even better having met you in person in Idaho. Still trying to figure out where you got that tarp. That sure was slick.

Since you enjoyed getting wet so much, can I safely assume we'll be seeing you next year as well?

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Where is the article?
    Max

Blog Entries

Man, I need to go fish that river some day! Good to meet you, Joe.

Blog Entries

For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Gnu,

Thanks, Bud. That Kelty one looks sort of like it.

REE

Joe: I really enjoyed the article. It was a real pleasure to meet you in Lowell.
    Take care and cya around,

Mark

Hey fellas,

Please forgive me for being so tardy responding. Being a Kanzoid Fisherboy, I've become habituated to checking ONLY the Warm Water Bulletin Board forum posts. Believe it or not, it was only a few days ago that I stumbled upon the Fly Anglers On Line forum where y'all hang out. DUH!

If guys like me hang out primarily in Warm Water, how come y'all don't have a Cold Water forum? Well, anyway...

I now seriously regret not going fishing more times with Bob, Dan and Ken. After our Monday and Tuesday outings (the first on the Lochsa, the second on the Selway) my head felt packed so full of new information, impressions and experiences that I was afraid it would "evaporate" if I didn't bottle it somehow. So on Wednesday and Thursday I passed on fishing and literally benched myself: I spent that third and fourth day sitting on my butt in the Three Rivers Resort bar. Not to drink away my sorrows (the bar wasn't open in daytime) but to "download" into my laptop computer the information I thought necessary for writing a couple of stories based on my first two Fish-In trips.

No way was I going to attend the Fish-In without writing some stories about what happened there, one way or another. In my head I'm sorta, kinda still at the Fish-In; everything that happened there, all the people I met, made quite an impression on me. I wish I could have gone fishing with everybody who was there.

About that tarp that I rigged over my picnic table -- it's a Walrus Aero 150. I doubt it's available anymore. Seems good companies can't make quality products for very long in America without some bigger company aggressively buying them out and then discontinuing the "gobbled" company's excellent product line. (Don't even get me started: I can cite many other examples...)

Gnu Bee, I hope your arm is healed up following your "Isaac Newton Refresher Course" on Day One. I need to do a Google search for that steak grilling do-dad you used at the campfire one night? That thing was really cool.

And here's to the Simpsons
    Oh, the stories we'll tell
    Of the midnight disturbances
    That turned Heaven to Hell

Thank God for Jack Daniels
    And for Elijah Craig
    Two brands of fine bourbon
    That cooled everyone's rage

Folks speak what they may
    In world web sites and blogs
    But campground night's sleep needs
    No loud children and dogs

Joe
    "Better small than not at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hyde
    About that tarp that I rigged over my picnic table -- it's a Walrus Aero 150. I doubt it's available anymore. Seems good companies can't make quality products for very long in America without some bigger company aggressively buying them out and then discontinuing the "gobbled" company's excellent product line. (Don't even get me started: I can cite many other examples...)

It keeps the latest and greatest stuff off the market so that the big boys can continue to rake in lots of dough on product that has no research cost associated with it and no new set up costs!!

Old story though, older than IBM, remember the Tucker cars? The big three did not take too kindly to them either.

+ Reply to Thread