+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fishing Sout Padre,Tx. on Sunday morning...

Default Fishing Sout Padre,Tx. on Sunday morning...

Ok, here is my setup, 9ft 8wt Okuma rod, (cheap I know but what I can afford at the time), Sage 1680 with WF8F line, 16lb tapered leader, (8-9ft), about 12-18 inches of 30lb bite guard for toothy critters.
    Will be taking some clousers, (pink/white, red/white, chart/white), some seaducers, crazy charlies, and some misc easy shrimp patterns that I have found.
    I am going to probably just fish in the surf off the beach but if the weather does not cooperate then I will find some flats in the area. I have never fished down there but have heard that around the convention center is a good spot.
    Any suggestions? Tips? I am new to fly fishing, (only about 6 weeks or so), so any advice or help is greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Fishing Sout Padre,Tx. on Sunday morning...

S1G....

I?ve never been down there, but there?s an article here on FAOL http://www.flyanglersonline.com/feature ... rt142.html with good info, and the contact info of a fly shop in the area top check out and get the latest info.

Good luck!

peregrines

3. Default Re: Fishing Sout Padre,Tx. on Sunday morning...

if you're lucky you'll get into some trout. i live near the upper coast (Galveston) and for me, the trout fishing has been really good. could be b/c i had good timing. i'm sure clousers will do good as well as some topwaters. surf fishing can be fun so good luck.

Default Re: Fishing Sout Padre,Tx. on Sunday morning...

S1rGr1ngo

Some more stuff? Here?s a free ebook on Fly fishing the Texas Coast, with lot?s of info on do it your self wading around S Padre (under the section on Lower Coast), as well as basic info on gear, techniques and flies etc.

Just knock down the zillions of annoying pop-ups. And read fast before Sunday.

http://gorp.away.com/gorp/publishers/pr ... /intro.htm

Good luck.

peregrines

+ Reply to Thread