+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inconsiderate neighbors

Default Re: Inconsiderate neighbors

You have my sympathies. I have a neighbor who thinks his picket fence confines the noise from his barking dog to his property.
    People are so inconsiderate.

Mking 5!

mking5,
    Were ALL HAPPY to have you on the BB!!!!
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I have returned home from work one winter day to find my street choked with cruisers and meatwagons (that's ambulance for all of you non CB users).

My neighbors got into a scrapper and she stabbed him with a knife (in the arm - lucky them both).
    She got hauled away , he is still me neighbour (different wife).
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

I saw this on Good Morning America yesterday. Not that I would ever post something but it makes for interesting reading. Check out
    Rottenneighbors.com
    The only things we permanently keep, are those we give away-Waite Philips

I just looked at rottenneighbor site and WOW!! Seattle has a LOT of rotten neighbors!! http://www.rottenneighbors.com/counties/king.php West of Seattle, Bainbridge Island, Bremerton and Poulsbo look like Friendly Territory.
    Doug

Be patient, slow loading!!
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Reading all of the above stories reminded me of this little "ditty". Sounds like it would be good for those that are causing the problem.

May the fleas of a thousand dogs infest the crotch of the person that screwed up your day--
    And may their arms be too short to scratch.

Ok, I have one. I was living on the first floor of a three story house one summer and was asleep (I had to work at 0600) when I was awoken at 1A.M. by a party from upstairs. Now, despite being only 21 at the time, this truly upset me so I headed up there with every intention of giving them a piece of my mind (I am 6'3" and about 250lbs, most of which is muscle) so I thought I would be able to give them a rather large piece to say the least. Well, I went up, pounded on the door as hard as I physically could, rattled some plates off the wall, and then the door opened. What to my wondering eyes did appear, but a frickin GIANT of a man that looked rather upset at having someone pound on his door. Seriously he was probably around 7' tall and MUCH MUCH bigger than I am, so I meekly asked them to keep the noise down as I was trying to sleep and hightailed it back downstairs as quickly as I could. They actually did keep the noise down and later in the summer we had a nice laugh about it, but boy did I almost kick off when I saw that guy open the door. But, thankfully they were actually very nice people who were having a RAGING tuesday night party.

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofsisyphus
    Ok, I have one. I was living on the first floor of a three story house one summer and was asleep (I had to work at 0600) when I was awoken at 1A.M. by a party from upstairs. Now, despite being only 21 at the time, this truly upset me so I headed up there with every intention of giving them a piece of my mind (I am 6'3" and about 250lbs, most of which is muscle) so I thought I would be able to give them a rather large piece to say the least. Well, I went up, pounded on the door as hard as I physically could, rattled some plates off the wall, and then the door opened. What to my wondering eyes did appear, but a frickin GIANT of a man that looked rather upset at having someone pound on his door. Seriously he was probably around 7' tall and MUCH MUCH bigger than I am, so I meekly asked them to keep the noise down as I was trying to sleep and hightailed it back downstairs as quickly as I could. They actually did keep the noise down and later in the summer we had a nice laugh about it, but boy did I almost kick off when I saw that guy open the door. But, thankfully they were actually very nice people who were having a RAGING tuesday night party.
    shadesofsisyphus,
    You were fortunate everything turned out OK! I only stampeded down the hall and pounded and yelled at the neighbors because I KNEW who I was dealing with and I was enormously MAD!!!!! DO NOT do this EVER unless you know the person who is renting the Apt. Our policy around here is call 911!! We also have a Security Service that ONLY stops parties.
    I have found out from my Manager that evicting Renters is a difficult task, that is precisely WHY you have to call the Police. That first Complaint is the beginning of the end for the rude neighbors. I've heard people around here Gripe & Complain, but their afraid of calling 911, because they don't want to get in trouble!
    GUESS WHAT??? Your already in TROUBLE!!!!! If you can't muster the courage yourself, get together with your (Friendly Neighbors) and have a Call 911 PARTY!!!!
    Their raising HELL! So why can't YOU???
    You also found out something! It isn't the Size of a person that matters, it's pure intimidation by any size person. If you want to get someone's attention, kick it up a notch (NO physical)
    One of the problems that is posed by a Loud Party after 10:00, is the Renters many times has NO control over their Party!, which means it's OUT of control!
    Doug

+ Reply to Thread