+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Customer service

Default Customer service

As some of you may have heard , I was the recipient of the September drawing ... the Elkhorn Bamboo blank. The rod arrived here yesterday, and it is beautiful!! I want so badly to start on it, but have given my word that I'd be at the Missouri Fish-In starting tomorrow.

What I wanted to pass on is; the blank has a beautiful finish on it, and even appeared to be varnished. But who sends out a bamboo blank with a finish already on it?!? ELKHORN does!! I sent a note to Elkhorn this morning ... a Sunday morning ... and received a response this afternoon ... still Sunday!! ... cuz I didn't want to put something incompatable on it, if it was finished. And it is already dip finished!!! WOW!! Also included in the return note was their phone number and the invitation to call them if I have any other questions! That's some kind of service!!!

Tell you what! The next bamboo I build (probably for Cary) will be a blank from Elkhorn! Again, thank you FAOL and Elkhorn. This is so incredible!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Default Re: Customer service

Amazing!

Glad to hear you are happy with it! Hope the building of it goes perfectly!

Betty,

We have a couple of Elkhorn rods and are really amazed at their quick response to questions and their warranty. Great folks.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Thats one reason I like Elkhorn. The other is that they are nice rods and a good bargain.

I once sent Brian an email and got a return phone call with in a minute. His service is outstanding. No wonder all my rods are now Elkhorn.

I finished my Elkhorn bamboo blank with scarlet silk thread with black silk thread accents. and varnish. Looks are consistent with older bamboo rods (ecept my quality is mediocre at best). Should last a good 20 ~ 30 years without refinishing.

jed

I emailed Elkhorn once some questions once about a rod and got a response from Brian within an hour. I ended up buying one of their rods and it's pretty much the only one I'm using this year. Fantastic value for the dollar and the action is perfect for me. I love their components. I've also seen and cast one of their bamboo blanks and if I were in the market for one, I'd absolutely go with Elkhorn. Great company.

+ Reply to Thread